Re: Buff The Gold Knockdown Shield

by CrimsonCali

Original Post

Buff The Gold Knockdown Shield

★★★★★ Novice

It takes far too long to self revive and its far too noisy.

Message 1 of 8 (1,432 Views)

Community Manager

Personally I just wish the shield was coloured purple, rather than the great big "thirst me now" banner that the gold shield is. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,390 Views)

Champion

Between the noisy as hell sound effect and the 5 minute respawn time(Yes i exaggerated before anybody corrects this xD).

The things just a giant beacon to get thirsted, its useless 90% of the time, especially if theres a bloodhound kicking around.

I personally just avoid picking it up completely, same with the purple knockdown shield as apparently that thing doesn't actually seem to block any bullets half the time.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 8 (1,361 Views)

★★ Expert

I like it, it could use a little less self revive time or a bit more health on revive but overall, it's a last resort to give your team another fighting chance or to crawl away and recover and come back to a fight 3v3 so your teammates don't waste time reviving you. 

Personally I think it would be cool to add onto the gold shield that when you die with it, a legend can use it to re-spawn your body wherever it died. 

Message 4 of 8 (1,339 Views)

Champion

@iBlockHead  i've heard rumours of portable respawn beacons being in the works....no idea if theres any truth to this but if not...i like your idea more than the auto revive itself. Perhaps make it so it has to be used before your box is looted.

Message 5 of 8 (1,319 Views)

★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag now THAT would be cool. make the gold knock downs more useful, as of now, I normally give it to the worse player on our team considering they go down first and can get themselves up so we don't worry about them.
Message 6 of 8 (1,312 Views)

Champion

Yeah...i usually make sure my buddy gets it as he has no tactical sense lmao....likes to charge in and rack up kills with no concern for the fact he might have 4 other squads creeping him. XD

Message 7 of 8 (1,302 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Definitely needs to be a shorter respawn time when using the Knockdown shield, takes way too long especially if you are in the non-safe zone. And even if you get it off you die in the non-safe zone. I think they should lessen the time or give you more health when you respawn.

Message 8 of 8 (1,250 Views)