Bring Back the PK

by Tempest131

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bring Back the PK

★★★ Novice

Bring back the PK! The skill ceiling for the PK was much higher than that of the Mastiff. The mastiff is less powerful, yes, but it's a lot easier for just anybody to use and consistently land shots. But worst of all, now CQC fights are boring as hell, compared to the exhilaration of fighting someone PK on PK. And also, a lot of people spent money to get legendary skins for the Peacekeeper and now we can barely use it because it's not ground loot anymore, does that just not matter to respawn and EA? I know going forward, personally I'm going to be a lot more cautious spending money on Apex based on cosmetics, because who knows what'll be removed/rotated to care package next. This is such a sad change for the game as someone spends a lot of time on it.

Message 1 of 11 (1,776 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bring Back the PK

★★★ Apprentice

I feel your pain....

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (1,743 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

I feel your pain....

Message 2 of 11 (1,744 Views)

★★ Guide
@Tempest131 the Pk is easier than mastiff, with PK you just hipfire everything with no effort landing 110+ shots, mastiff actually needs you to aim and get really close to someone to do damage, thats a common shotgun, sure needs some adjustments to finally convert it to a trully common, but now is a good change to the game, i don't see full teams with PK all running and spamming that $@%# gun.
PK was just insane at any distance, top damage: 165, no damage drop at distance, no bullet spread differences between hipfire and Ads, Choke (Sniper capabilities)
They do the right thing: "Vaulted the Pk".
Message 3 of 11 (1,711 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@audiofilomx I completely agree. People are just upset they cant one shot anyone anymore without being close. Mastiff and PK switch was perfect. I absolutely love this season (with the exception of some bugs). But weapon wise, this is what I have been looking for. Wingman could prolly use some work but I wasn't as upset at the wingman than I was at the PK.
Message 4 of 11 (1,688 Views)

★ Novice

You've never played with the PK before this season did you? It was a high risk high reward gun.You needed actual aim to use the weapon, weather that was ADS-ing or Hip firing,also lets not forget about the infamous 18dmg. And the Wingman is the only gun that still needs skill, now you want that gone too?!

Damn CASUALS.

Message 5 of 11 (1,590 Views)

★★ Guide
@Spectralwolf101 Sorry for you mate, but PK wasn't a skilled weapon, never was, is the most easy gun to use, the bullet dispersion is almost non existant, and doesn't have differences between ads and hipfire, you can just miss 3 shots and still have another two to wipe a guy with full purple armor, pk was all about just aim calmly and lands an insane 130+ shot.
Message 6 of 11 (1,561 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

eva8 with double tap is better than the mastiff imo, but ya - I called the mastiff being the noob-friendly PK as soon as I picked it up. More forgiving, wider spread, and it's easy to smack someone for an easy 65damage from 10m which makes it a force to be reckoned with. 

I think the mastiff is actually really well balanced for a gun in that you can still out DPS it with many other guns - but it provides sustained DPS through a firefight and perhaps the best thing about it, is you can reload it partially, fire, and not lose your reload. 

The PK will be missed, but I think it's good to shake up the meta once in a while. Having every single game come down to either a PK or r99 in the close-range slot gets a bit stale. Of course now, it's r99/mastiff (and a few renegade re45 users) but at least it's a change. 

Message 7 of 11 (1,544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

i felt the PK was easier honestly.

but i know where the feeling comes from, been saying it for several seasons i want it back.

the PK just feels so much better to use, the mastiff shoots slow and is just not satisfying to use.

and swapping out for the PK again could solve some 3rd party issues apex currently have.

fights are way to long now ( dont bother responding: ohh just get better ) simply doesnt work like that

Message 8 of 11 (1,191 Views)

Champion
@GuntherWolfgangz I with you on this. The PK was my *. I was gutted when it got switched out with the Mastiff and every single guy was running it xD I don't really think it would solve 3rd partying tho because you're still gonna have the guys that try and steal kills when they snipe someone you're melting. In terms of fight length it's subjective a lot of things so I don't see how they can change it. Look at how bad the evo shield change was when we were all getting melted in seconds.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 11 (1,087 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

To be honest, PK is balanced more, cause of the slow reload speed than the mastiff. That gun makes me think about leaving Apex. Feels like the guys who do the balancing have no clue what they are doing...

Message 10 of 11 (1,082 Views)