Re: Bowcek balancing, before you have it nerfed, a better idea.

by Capitangecko

Original Post

★★ Novice
@nebwise I do like the quiver suggestion which is kinda where I pulled the 5 arrow limit from as that's how many arrows I have in my quiver which is attached to the bow. May help some with the reality aspect reloading the quiver vs the mag
Message 11 of 21 (398 Views)

★★ Novice
@iShurex That reply doesn't offer anything useful for balancing does it. Thanks though.
Message 12 of 21 (397 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@BaileysOffroadI believe that the only thing that should be changed is either put something like the character have shaking hands the longer you have the bow drawn in order to prevent you from just camping your next shot forever or have the fire rate taken down a bit because let's be honest pulling such a powerful bow that fast even if it is assisted is very draining/hard and also quite difficult to maintain consistently.

when it comes to fire rate it could either be how fast you draw the bow or the other option would be to put a small delay before having the next arrow ready (like a short animation of the arrows extending to full length because you can see the arrows in a little mag attached to the bow) let's be real, it takes time to pull an arrow from a quiver and have it ready to fire

Message 13 of 21 (372 Views)

★★ Pro

Nice try, but ain't working. Every pro said its completely broken. Hal is pissing big time on this Bow. It has no business in the game. Either remove it or put in CP with a nerf.

Its completely broken on all level. People were asking how Imperial think this has to be nerfed, and he said, its need to be nerfed all around.

Add big time fall out damage, big time damage nerf(to 50/90 no more), big time speed nerf, big time bullets drop, big time accuracy nerf.

The bow is a child play in terms of use. The thing that it require high precious is not true at all. Its super easy to use.

Message 14 of 21 (353 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Bocek is strong and it should be. Oterwise implementing it wouldnt make Amy Sense at all. 

I suggest: Make the ammo very ineffective in the backpack. Maybe like 10 Bolts per Slot. Maybe even less. This way he will remain Strong but Not spammable.

Message 15 of 21 (339 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I watch Hal all the time until I can't stand his constant whining anymore lol an opinion without anything to back it up is worthless. But thanks for giving us hals opinion 😁

Message 16 of 21 (322 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I like the starting to shake idea, if it was dads bow from 1980 with only a 20% let off you would be shaking but these days bows have around 85% let off so when drawn you could hold it back all day... That said we don't reality just balancing ideas an I think that's pretty good ty.

Message 17 of 21 (321 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've heard that before making arrows like shotgun bullets per inventory slot an while its not a bad idea I don't think it will resolve the issues ppl have with the infinite mag.

There are lots of topics on the bow lets remember this topic is about the concept of introducing a quiver/mag/clip size to force the bow reload and how many shots you guys think there should be before you reload.. I felt 5 would be good some have said 10 is fair, lets try to keep posts on topic ty.

Message 18 of 21 (319 Views)

★★★ Novice

I support buffing the p2020 in to a killing machine.

On a side note - to me, the bow feels VERY powerful right now. I mean, as powerful as an r99 or r301 in the right hands (which are not mine because I've been training sniper rifles for a while, perhaps that's why I'm better with the bow than some). The spitfire is causing a lot of grief for me these days but I could tweak my evasion tactics when I hear it. Then again, same goes for the bow - hide more and be ready to get capped when you peek - it is a marksman/sniper weapon after all.

I would say to leave it as it is because, as I mentioned, there are smgs that can rip you to shreads in 2 sec before you have the time to react so uhh, change those as well?

In other news: I would like to petition a change to weapon swap speed - make it slower than reloading a weapon so that secondary weapons aren't used as a tool to finish people off but rather a tactical choice for either close/mid/long range combat. It would help the sniper game out a lot, imho.

Cheers

Message 19 of 21 (232 Views)

★ Guide

I just think it needs to be taken down a notch or two in terms of "ease of use." I have to do more distance compensation with snipers than I have to with a bow and arrow, and that is wildly frustrating in ranked. Precision damage makes sense for it being a bow and arrow, I get that. But the bow is currently (even after initial nerfs) still so strong it outclasses every sniper in ground loot. 

Message 20 of 21 (206 Views)