Re: BUFF THE SENTINEL!!!!

by WhiteJackal-16

Original Post

BUFF THE SENTINEL!!!!

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Every season I'm guaranteed to get the 10 Sentinel knockdowns challenge at least twice, and every time I bother to complete it the game becomes extraordinarily frustrating because you have to commit to using the Sentinel fully for a knockdown instead of firing one shot and quickly switching to your secondary to secure the knock.

The Sentinel is the WORST sniper in the entire game. It has the LOWEST fire rate out of all snipers - in fact, it takes longer to shoot than the Kraber, which makes ZERO sense since the Kraber needs to be slow due to being the best sniper in the game with the largest amount of damage while the Sentinel is...not that. Not only does it have the lowest fire rate, it is also tied with the Charge Rifle for having the LOWEST sniper starting ammo count. You're given a measly 4 shots before being forced to reload. And if that's not enough, its "alternative" function is a huge detriment to your team as well as the functionality of the sniper in the first place because it make you a sitting duck when charging, and it also consumes your shield cells, meaning you can't even take this option 60% of the time because either your team is running low on cells and you need to share, or you yourself don't have enough cells to spare, or you are constantly fighting and can't take the risk of moving at 10% speed slowly while watching a meter fill up, or you're getting 3rd partied and need to fight back NOW. 

Please fire whoever came up with the original design for this gun. Is it the same person who came up with the Mozambique? I 100% guarantee that it is.

My suggestion for buff:

- Remove the dumb charging mechanic because obviously the Devs are trying to balance the gun around this mechanic and it hasn't been working for over 3 seasons already

- Move the Skullpiercer attachment slot from the Longbow to the Sentinel because the Longbow is already good and doesn't need the extra help

- Give the Sentinel a barrel stabilizer slot as well

- Increase fire rate/RPM to at least 45 (For reference Triple Take fire rate/RPM is 88, Longbow is 70, Kraber is 36). The Sentinel will still be slow but it won't be the slowest bloody gun in the entire game at 34 RPM (the charge rifle is supposedly "slower" at 30 RPM but since it's an instantaneous laser that you can keep moving mid-fire it isn't handicapped in the same way the bolt action Sentinel is). 

This way all Snipers would have their utility and niche:

Triple Take - Best shotgun in the game

Charge Rifle - Always 100% accurate at all distances with no bullet drop

Kraber - 1 shot KO

Longbow - Hard hitting spammable sniper with the highest ammo count of all snipers

Sentinel -  Budget Kraber that would have the most attachment slots but be limited with low ammo count and fire rate

Message 1 of 7 (609 Views)

★★ Novice
@FreelancerWhisky yea thatd be nice
Message 2 of 7 (565 Views)

★★★ Guide
@FreelancerWhisky Sentinel does 141 ish damage to the head. Take your time and hit them in the head.
Sentinel does 100 damage to any part including feet, arms etc with disruptor.
The gun isn't the best, but it has niche uses.
Message 3 of 7 (542 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Pallo420 The damage looks impressive but its easier to down someone with a longbow than the Sentinel for the reasons mentioned above. There is nothing that the Sentinel is good for that other Snipers can't do better.

The Sentinel has no niche.

Message 4 of 7 (537 Views)

★★★ Guide

@FreelancerWhisky I use sentinel as shotgun you are wrong triple take is second best shotgun. Sentinel I will never slap a sniper scope on it because I use it like a shotgun.

Message 5 of 7 (528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@babyaga239 

Err... English on the first part, please?

Message 6 of 7 (400 Views)

★★★ Guide

@WhiteJackal-16 Sorry my english is no very good. The sentinel is a better shotgun than the tripletake.

Message 7 of 7 (367 Views)