Re: Are Shotgun Bolts Kinda Trash?

by StiiGGee

Original Post

Are Shotgun Bolts Kinda Trash?

Champion

Baring in mind that this is pretty much the only mod for most shotguns that changes stats, should it really do more than increase fire rate by a bit? 

I don't know about everyone else but I tend to fire more slowly with the shotguns anyway to make sure I actually hit the shot and not just spam the room.

Maybe they could reduce hip-fire spread by a small amount?

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 1 of 5 (503 Views)

Community Manager

What about increasing damage if you ADS? Do you think most players use hip fire most of the time?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (490 Views)

Champion

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

What about increasing damage if you ADS? Do you think most players use hip fire most of the time?

I think it depends on the shotgun, it would be cool to see more projectiles come out of the shotguns or something like that but the Eva 8 & the Peacekeeper both have very specific spread patterns. On the other hand extra projectiles would be game-changing for the Mozambique.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 3 of 5 (479 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I think in the moment of heat mostly players aim from the hip and I also think the damage should be the same regardless you do HF or ADS.

Regarding the topic I havent really tought about the recoil reduction on the shotguns, maybe anyone else has made a better study about how much % it differs between them?

Message 4 of 5 (457 Views)

★ Guide
The increased rate of fire is pretty useful and especially noticable on the EVA-8.

Personally I just wish they wouldn't drop so often, the number of shotgun bolts I've found seems to usually significantly exceed the number of shotguns and my own need for the bolts.
Message 5 of 5 (418 Views)