Alternator with Damage Hop-Up

by KuchenBear

Original Post

Re: Alternator with Damage Hop-Up

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Agreed, It's so strange that the Wingman even became pretty useless compared to a ?Alternator?. A gun that never has been that usefull up until now. I approve the buff, but making a common gun OP, shifts the game too much (in a wrong way). 3 bullets to shred a purple/gold body with a SMG is never justifiable in my opinion.

Message 11 of 36 (1,151 Views)

Disruptor adds 120% dmg to Alternator, "only" 45% to re-45. That can't be right

★★ Novice

The damage increases are wildly different for each weapon, I can't imagine that being correct. The re-45 damage increase seems like a joke (re-45, 45.45%), but it's a much more sane value.

The same goes for the Hammerpoint rounds.
On the P2020 it adds an additional 162%, while on the Mozambique it adds "only" 51%. Atleast these 2 weapons are from a different class so it makes more sense to balance them very differently.

I can't imagine the Alternator and P2020 values are intended, they're just too crazy high. It's like they said "It needs to deal 120% damage", but instead increased it by 120%, bring it to 220% total damage.

Message 12 of 36 (626 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry Okay so let me put it this way; you think Wingman is OP and you nerfed it 2 times right? I found these nerfes spot on to balance all out. Then who told you guys "lets make something that does nearly same damage as wingman and make it auto and it breaks purple shields in 3 shots!"? Who actually tested this and said great balance, perfect! ? I am really curious about the idea of this unbalanced garbage. You put skullpiercer to gold category because it is OP? Then you give us a hop up that is EXTRA SUPER OP lol.

The weapon balance was absolutely spot on before the update, other then strafing speed of wingman and this comes up, what do you think will community say about this seriously?

One more question for you guys imagine 2 teams with same skills ( since we have a matchmaking now ) ;

TEAM 1: Full purple armor, fully decked BIS weapons but they dont have alternator

TEAM 2: Full purple armor, two members with alternators + hop up - stock - extended - sight

So imagine who will win the fight by a big margine? Then ask yourself why should this happen ? Then ask yourself one more time, do we have a balance now ? Incredible....

edit: Oh i nearly forgot this; Imagine your game is infested with cheaters, imagine half of the Diamond and Gold ranking is cheating and then imagine those cheaters have this balanced hop up with alternator lol!

Message 13 of 36 (695 Views)

★★ Guide

Lol, I love when developers don't know how to balance then they over compensate and use this logic. You do realize not every gun in the game is going to be good right? By taking an average gun and making it OP doesn't make the game better. The Alt was fine the way it was it just got outshined by the R99 and 301

Message 14 of 36 (680 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry In a word, yes. I do constistently see the hop-upped Alternator at the end of games, usually paired with Wingman.
Message 15 of 36 (665 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/c9nvqv/75_respawn_checkin_introducing_dev_tracker_and/

Change to Disruptor Rounds Hopup

• Reduced the shield damage multiplier from 2.26 to 1.7. It's a minor tweak while we evaluate the full weapon meta next week.

this is much better Party hat

Message 16 of 36 (638 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Adding hardpoints for the weak weapons was an excuse over adding new content. Season 1 weapon learning was all wasted becuase someone at the office thought of a bad idea, really bad idea. Apex will now lose more people becuase of this move, hope it gets fixed before everyone moves on.

Message 17 of 36 (619 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah can we just remove the hop ups already? They don't need nerfed, just removed all together. Theres no reason I should get 1 magged by a trash can player for 175 with an alternator. This is stupid and only ruins the skill gap 

Message 18 of 36 (613 Views)

★ Guide

Alternator is still to strong with the disrupted rounds. They said they nerfed it but it atill destroys. Its literally half a mag to kill fully shielded fully healed person. It's ridiculous. 

Message 19 of 36 (609 Views)

★★ Guide

After testing/playing a lots of games it feels like no change at all Party hat

So the Hop-up is still very very strong, to strong.

Message 20 of 36 (566 Views)