Re: ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL YOUR PLAYER BASE ? Put BACK THE R99 !

by Sweetgun42

Original Post

ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL YOUR PLAYER BASE ? Put BACK THE R99 !

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I never post in the forums but I'm really pissed off !

The R99 is probably Apex Legends staple weapon. Its the one weapon that everyone loves to use. I dont think people use it because they consider it OP, its just a weapon that feels really good to use. I use all the weapons but the R99 was my favorite because I think it looks cool and I like how it shoots. If you hit your shots it has the perfect rate of fire. Changing the R99 to a care package weapon was a huge mistake.

I've played Apex legends since day 1. Its the only BR game that I play. I have a lot of money and hours invested into this game and now with this change I don't want to play anymore. I'm that upset about it. I cant be the only one that feels this way. RESPAWN you cant put your signature weapon that everyone loves to use in a care package unless your trying to loose players who have been here supporting your game from the start. Put the R99 back where it came from. Its not a OP weapon its just fun to use that's why so many players use it. If the R99 doesnt get put back I think players are going to start leaving and your game will be on life alert !

Message 1 of 10 (1,698 Views)

★ Guide
@WarCitizen I use the R301 or the R99 as my primary pretty much every game, but now the 301 is much more rare and the R99 is care-package-only. There are other weapons, I can learn to play with other weapons, I'm not saying every other weapon is horrible or anything - I just really, really love the way the 301 and the R99 feel, and I'm used to using them.

It makes the game way less fun for me, personally. I'm definitely not enjoying the change at all.
Message 2 of 10 (1,666 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That's exactly how I feel. I have no problem adapting. I use a lot of other weapons but the R99 for me is the sweat spot. Not because I feel its a OP weapon but because it just feels really good to use period. I love APEX but this change has kinda killed this game for me.

Message 3 of 10 (1,658 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@WarCitizenGoing to say it mate, no one liked the r99. I mean sure it was fun when you hit every single shot and completely lazered someone in under a second. Most of my deaths were to this gun because it was just so dang good. It being a care package weapon was one of the smartest things I think they have done. Sure the Devo is floor loot again and that thing rekts, but not as much as the r99 did. The only reason everyone used it was because not many weapons even came close to comparing to it. Plus the r99 wasn’t really the staple weapon the wingman is, and I think people will be mad if they put that into a care package, that gun takes loads of practice and skill to make that thing work like it does. 

Message 4 of 10 (1,633 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Mostly agree with your point, but I think the community needs to stay rational. Yes, there is a balancing issue. Yes, the r99 might have been best as floor loot. Yes, the devo belongs in the care package. However, respawn have always responded extremely well to community feedback. They are not trying to kill the player base, and will do everything they can to fix the issues we highlight as the community. Let's have some faith in the devs and not jump ship in a panic. Lets get behind the devs and be constructive, because they have a history of listening. The jury is still out, let's wait for patch notes

Message 5 of 10 (1,612 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Dude same, I came in season 5 and since then my best weapon is r99 I spent hours in the firing range besting its recoil, and then in season 6, it's removed. would u believe that even after playing almost 700 games in season 6 I have only got the r99 4 times or I've gotten killed the moment I got it from a loot box or care package?

Message 6 of 10 (1,235 Views)

★ Apprentice

@SmileyGecko123 

If this entire community had your thinking style, we would be at bloody peace instead of this sh#tshow of a post.

Message 7 of 10 (1,130 Views)

★★★ Guide

I literally never ran the r9 I hated it I would rather use the devotion or the L-star over it this is possibly one of the best desicions they have ever made. If you loved it so much why dont you use the volt it feels much more satisfying. Also sound effects caused me to stop playing I got tired of just hearing Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr reloading Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr reloading brrrrrrrrrrr tango down reloading brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr reloading brrrrrr whole squad down.

Message 8 of 10 (1,075 Views)

★★★ Guide

Same. This sound was tiresome and simply disgusting.

Message 9 of 10 (1,070 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes, Respawn I will make a really big mistake, R99 was the best weapon of all r99 weapon and peacekeeper is missing, As long as you change things that players are used to, Apex will no longer be so good, It will only be for newcomers, Every experienced player is in love with Apex legends , I do not know how other experienced players but I loved apex, But since the r99 is gone and other things than peacekeeper and r99, Me apex leg stops having fun, You should really return everything you changed will be really better. Otherwise, I'm curious about season 7 what it will look like. Regards Ouny Standard smile

Message 10 of 10 (888 Views)