73 Damage with Carbine?? How

by JakabTheYeet

Original Post

73 Damage with Carbine?? How

★★★ Novice

Was watching a Ninja stream yesterday. Dude had a carbine which I thought does 15 Dmg to body or limbs and 42 to head. At about 1:05 of Ninjas recent videos he clearly hits a head for 73 damage. Not to mention he got shot about 30 times(no exaggeration he really got shot about 30x) and still had shield. Can someone explain? Tried posting the video here bit it's not working.

Message 1 of 8 (488 Views)

Re: 73 Damage with Carbine?? How

★★★★ Apprentice

Can you send me the video?  I'm curious.

Message 2 of 8 (424 Views)

Message 3 of 8 (419 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Just want to say before I really don't like Ninja, nothing personal, but i just don't get why people like him or his streams. However this is very easily explainable.

His weapon loadout is Eva-8 and hemlock. His hemlock is fully kitted with purple mag, stock and barrel- a Hemlock does 72 damage to the head (based on the TTK weapons thread on Reddit, this is the highest number i see pop up when he's using that weapon in the gunfight.

As for him 'taking 30 shots' - Well, he just doesn't, it's easy to see that even with this very bad video quality. Lots of shots are fired at him, lots are missed including crucially 2 peacekeeper shots between 1.06 and 1.08, with a 3rd fluffed Peacekeeper shot only part connecting  (I speculate this was panic hip fire). He gets hit between 1.11-1.12 and his armor goes down - but you can see clearly that shots are being made around him due to poor aim. Finally, I don't think the person shooting at 1.22 was actually aiming at him, Ninja just got caught in the crossfire as he went in with the shotty.

Message 4 of 8 (403 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
It was hard to watch with that quality, but yea I am inclined to agree wthin @theWonderChris. He clearly doesn't get hit that often, and I don't also know if he has floating damage, or cumulative damage numbers, or hell even both on. I've not really used the hemlock pretty much at all, so I don't really know their damages, but if all 3 shots hit his head then I could see 72 easily. Everything seemed legit so I don't know what to tell you.

I don't watch ninja, never had a reason to, probably still wont. I don't like to look at streamers as some popular unbeatable player. They are just like everyone else, they die just as easily as anyone else.
Message 5 of 8 (391 Views)

Community Manager

It looks like he has floating damage on, as you see him hit a couple of times, for 36 then 72, but you only hear the armor break sound a few seconds later as he puts some more fire onto the enemy player. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 8 (354 Views)

★★ Guide

@theWonderChris wrote:

Just want to say before I really don't like Ninja, nothing personal, but i just don't get why people like him or his streams. However this is very easily explainable.

His weapon loadout is Eva-8 and hemlock. His hemlock is fully kitted with purple mag, stock and barrel- a Hemlock does 72 damage to the head (based on the TTK weapons thread on Reddit, this is the highest number i see pop up when he's using that weapon in the gunfight.

As for him 'taking 30 shots' - Well, he just doesn't, it's easy to see that even with this very bad video quality. Lots of shots are fired at him, lots are missed including crucially 2 peacekeeper shots between 1.06 and 1.08, with a 3rd fluffed Peacekeeper shot only part connecting  (I speculate this was panic hip fire). He gets hit between 1.11-1.12 and his armor goes down - but you can see clearly that shots are being made around him due to poor aim. Finally, I don't think the person shooting at 1.22 was actually aiming at him, Ninja just got caught in the crossfire as he went in with the shotty.

So why did you need to put you don't like ninja for? likes?

Message 7 of 8 (336 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Unfortunately i've had instances where i've defended a streamer (Ninja included) and people have just said i'm a fanboy for said streamer. Wanted to preemptively say what my feeling were towards the streamer before commenting so it didn't come across the same in this post.

Message 8 of 8 (330 Views)