30-30 Repeater - A Berf (or Nuff if you will)

by Peri_Longbow_plz

Original Post

30-30 Repeater - A Berf (or Nuff if you will)

The 30-30 Repeater is in a strange spot. I can appreciate it's style and mechanics, but I definitely feel like it needs to be better and worse at the same time.

It may sound weird, but it's in a "need" of a buff-nerf. Or a Berf in short.

In short, I want this weapon to gain access to "Deadeye's Tempo" which will especially affect the charged shot. Equipping Deadeye's Tempo will decrease the charge-up time by ~30%, making the fully chambered shot a bit more useful and used. In compensation the base fire rate should be reduced by roughly 10%. That will make the weapon initially better with Tempo attached, but the uncharged shots will go by slower, giving the G7-Scout the role of a rapid-fire marksman weapon. The uncharged shot of the 30-30 Repeater would then serve as an emergency shot.

Alternatively, Deadeye's tempo could come already installed on the repeater.

I know it's not the most required buff, but I barely see anyone using the charged shot of the 30-30 repeater.

Message 1 of 4 (640 Views)

Re: 30-30 Repeater - A Berf (or Nuff if you will)

Community Manager

Thanks for writing this up! 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (581 Views)

★ Guide
@Peri_Longbow_plz The psychology of the 30-30 is odd. No-one complains that the draw on the Bocek takes too long, and yet folks don't like waiting for the 30-30 to charge.

Strangely, there's a lot of parallel's between these two weapons (they use the same hops, have similar core mechanics). It's almost as if the dev's are running out of ideas...

However, I think the newly-buffed 30-30 is in a good place. It seems that the devs caught your brainwave. Standard smile
Message 3 of 4 (508 Views)

Let me just bring this back up again because I notice more issues with this weapon.

Since the last buff for the DMR Longbow, the 30-30 Repeater deals 3 less damage (including much less headshot multiplier) and has on full charge a significantly lower fire rate. For a weapon that has all these kinds of requirements (staying ADS, making you slower, having to get a full charge for full potential), I honestly expect more damage or at least more utility in some way. Like instead of losing the full charge, how about you only lose one third of it after delivering a shot?

Message 4 of 4 (404 Views)