Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: WarFriends FAQ

by Sofier11

Original Post

WarFriends FAQ

[ Edited ]
EA Community Manager

Settings

What are the system requirements for WarFriends?

You can play the game on Android and iOS devices.

Android: Your device needs to be on Android 4.1 and have more than 1.0 GB RAM in order to run WarFriends.

iOS:All devices supporting iOS 10.0 are compatible (from iPhone 5 and iPad 4).

If you fulfil all these requirements, you’ll be good to go.

How and how often can I change my name in WarFriends?

What’s in a name? Fame and glory! Your first name change in WarFriends is free, but every additional name change will cost you Gold, so think carefully before choosing your nickname.

I am missing my country’s flag!

We’re doing our best to add more flags with the future updates. At launch, we only used a few flags to keep the memory requirement as low as possible, and we’ve already added a few since then!

By further expanding and tweaking the game, we will definitely add more flags, so that you can bring honor to your Homeland! Please be patient and if there is a specific flag you are looking for, let us know and we’ll do our best to get it included as soon as we canJ

Can I transfer my progress from Android to iOS and vice versa?

Yes! Get in touch with the Chillingo support team, or shoot us a message at Answers HQ or the WarFriends official Facebook page, and we'll take care of it.

How do I record a match?

iOS

1- Turn video replay on and show your skill on the battlefield, you can find this option at the top of the ‘Prepare for Battle Screen’ 

SCREENSHOT1.png

2- Tap SAVE VIDEO REPLAY at the result screen after your epic battle.

SCREENSHOT2.png

3- Crop your video with the bottom timeline, confirm and save the video (video is saved to your phone "Photos" gallery). 

4- Make your friends jealous!

Google Play

1- Open the amazing app called “Google Play Games” This can be found on your devices home screen. Log in and search for WarFriends, then tap the record button. 

APPICON.png

2- Crush your enemies on the battlefield and tap the stop button to save the video to your phone photo gallery. 

SCREENSHOT4.pngSCREENSHOT5.png

3- Open the video in the gallery and crop it in your video editor. 

4- Make your wonderful video viral!

How do I stream my gameplay?

First, you need to create a Mobcrush account (https://www.mobcrush.com/) and download the Mobcrush broadcast app to your device. Once you’re all set up, go to WarFriends and turn on the Livestream switch on the main screen. Your game will start streaming into your Mobcrush channel and you can share it all over your social media and beyond.

Itunes Mobcrush - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobcrush-broadcast-and-watch-mobile-game-videos/id1059046847?mt=8

Google Play Mobcrush - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobcrush.mobcrush&hl=en_GB

SCREENSHOT6.png

In-Game Progress

What are the ways to save my progress in WarFriends?

You can save your progress through Facebook, Google Play, Game

Center or iCloud.

Important: Be aware that if you disconnect your Facebook or Google Play account from in-game Settings, you will lose access to your original account! We are required to relinquish all ties to your Facebook and Google Play data if you willingly log out from the game.

While this is a good way to go if you want to start completely from scratch, you will not be able to return to your original account, should you ever want to.

Facebook, Game Center and Google Play save your progress by connecting your ID to the account in our database. Your account is always available to you by logging in after a re-install or on a new device.

iCloud (as opposed to FB, GP and GC) stores your progress only through iCloud Drive and therefore it's important to always have iCloud Drive saving allowed in your device Settings, otherwise the progress can't be saved and loaded. Please be aware that we are not responsible for any external iCloud Drive issues which could resolve in iCloud incorrectly loading your data.

Remember, it's impossible to play on two devices at the same time or copy your progress from one account to another!

I want to start a new game from scratch. What do I do?

(Please note, if you restart your game in one of the following ways we will not be able to recover your old account, all progress and any purchases you have made on that account will be permanently lost, so please make sure you really want to do this before proceeding!)

Facebook

If you are connected through Facebook, you have to log out in the game's Settings - User - Log out. Then restart your game, and AFTER THAT you can delete the game from your phone, install it again, and re-connect to FB. Only if you do it this way, the game won't offer you to log in to your old account.

Google Play

Same rules apply as with Facebook.

iCloud

If you are connected through iCloud, the data is stored locally, so all you need to do is to go to your iCloud settings and delete the WarFriends folder.

Game Center

To start anew, you have to go to your phone's Settings - Game Center - and log out of your Apple ID and create a new one. Then you can start a new game in WarFriends.

Please be aware that we cannot help you with disconnecting your existing accounts. The most secure solution is to create a new Facebook/Google Play/Game Center account and start your new game there, that way you’ll have a backup for all your accounts.

PVP

How does the league's system in the game work?

By playing PvP matches, you will be placed in various leagues. By claiming victories and collecting medals, you can climb your way up the ranks and become the most epic WarFriend of all! Here’s how it works:

Rookie League
- For all new players
- No time limits
- You cannot be demoted from Rookie league
- Wins reward 1 Squad point

Bronze League

- Resets once every 24 hours

- The top 50 % of players are promoted to the next league

- You cannot be demoted back to Rookie

- Wins reward 2 Squad Points

Silver League

- Now resets once every 3 days

- The top 30 % of players are promoted to the next league

- You cannot be demoted back to Bronze

- Wins reward 3 Squad Points

Gold League

- Resets once every 7 days

- The top 10 % of players are promoted to Elite League

- You cannot be demoted back to Silver League

- Wins reward 4 Squad points

Elite

- The top 10 % of players are promoted to Master League

- You CAN be demoted back to Gold League (bottom 10 %)

- Wins reward 5 Squad points

Master

- The top 10 % of players are promoted to Champion League

- You CAN be demoted back to Elite League (bottom 10 %)

- Wins reward 6 Squad points

Champion

- You CAN be demoted back to Master League (bottom 10 %)

- Wins reward 7 Squad points

Important: remember that (from elite, master and champion league) you can be demoted even if you weren't playing and you didn’t enter the league! This is due to the fact that the high-level leagues need to stay alive and competitive.

How do I enter a league?

Since the 1.9 update, after Player League results have been evaluated, each player will now be placed into a league immediately upon launching the game, based on their placement in the previous league. This means that it is no longer necessary to play a PvP match to be placed.

There are two exceptions for the new players:

1. After finishing Bootcamp, the player will need to play at least 1 match to be placed in Rookie league.
  2. After finishing Rookie league, the player will have to play at least 1 match to be placed in the regular league. 

How does the medal system in the game work?

Since the 1.7 update, the medal distribution system is as follows:

The amount of won / lost medals is determined by the difference of power of the two opponents.

In order to determine the difference in power, the game tracks the following values:

• Best weapon’s power in each of the 3 categories: primary, special and explosive
  • Army power, including special abilities and elite perks (not more than 2 per class)
  • Rank's power

The difference in the overall power (sum of all 3) is used to calculate the resulting amount of possible won/lost medals.

How does matchmaking in PvP work?

When pairing you up with an opponent, the matchmaking system considers the following:

• Best weapon’s power in each of the 3 categories: primary, special and explosive
  • Army power, including special abilities and elite perks (not more than 2 per class)
  • Rank's power

The maximum power difference between players is ±3000.

What is the highest reachable level in WarFriends?

The 1.7 update brings an expansion of the highest attainable level in the game. The new ultimate level is now level 50.

All the XP that you have been gaining while at level 43 will not be added to your current progress.

Arena

How does the power balance in Arena works?

All the weapons, units, health and shields in Arena are equalized. What does that mean? In Arena, your unit (no matter which one) has the same unit power as your opponent’s unit. So, for example, two Shotgunners are equal to two Commandos. Different guns of the same type have the same power as well. That’s why you can be matched with somebody on rank 43 in Arena – the level doesn’t matter, because your powers are identical. Skill and adapting to current arena rules is what makes all the difference.

How does Arena matchmaking work?  

In matchmaking as well as in the equalized Arena matches, we look at several aspects of each player, such as the quality of everyone’s Internet connection. We only match people who have decent connection between each other, mainly to prevent latency and ensure smooth and enjoyable gameplay for everyone involved. As we really hate laggy games ourselves, we decided that longer matching time is worth the wait for a smooth game.

Poor connection pop-up.

The game evaluates your connection to matchmaking servers upon launch, and then at regular intervals. So when you switch your connection from a weak or unstable one to a better one e.g., from mobile data to WiFi, the game may not notice it right away. In this case, you should relaunch the app to get rid of the “poor connection” notification.

What are Elite parts and Elite unit perks?

Forget Gold! Arena is all about Elite parts.

Elite parts are the main prize available from The Arena, and they are used to activate the Elite perks of your units. The main advantage of upgrading to elite perks is that they can Positively affect your own units AND Negatively affect the enemy units!!

The best part? The effects of Elite perks are permanent, and will be valid across game modes, from Friendly matches, regular PvP and even Missions!

Squads

The leader of my squad has become inactive. Is there any way to take his/her place?

Sure is. We realize the importance of a good leader in a squad, so if you feel like your leader isn’t doing their job, get in touch with us and we’ll review your squad with you and pass the leadership on to you or someone else whom the squad deems worthy.

If I change Squads, do I get to take the Squad Points with me to the new one?

Short answer: no.

Long answer: No, because this is called “squad-hopping”, and it’s a frowned-upon technique to claim gold from lower rank Squads that you didn’t earn back in the higher-rank Squad where you came from, and vice versa. We want to keep the game fair and rewarding for everyone, so this is definitely not an option.

Squad Wars: What are they?

Squad Wars are week-long, performance-based competitions between Squads. Each member collects Squad Points by winning matches, bringing them to the pool of the whole Squad. The more points you collect, the higher you climb in the Division ranks, and the better the rewards for every contributing Squad member will be.

Squad Wars finish at the end of each week, with the final results being announced on our official Facebook page. Aside from a big fat Gold reward, the Squads in the first places of each Division get a shiny feature in our weekly Facebook post.

22007420_1932981910288747_1818407929721582124_n.png

How does the reward distribution work within a Squad?

The more you give, the more you get. Depending on your Squad’s placement in the Squad War ranks, you will get a Gold reward that gets calculated from a) the Division your Squad is in and b) the amount of Squad Points you’ve brought to the (war)table.

Important: The Squad Points are not transferrable between Squads. So if you want your Gold, stay faithful to your Squad mates until the end of the week! 

Each squad is automatically placed in the Squad War rankings immediately when a single member of the Squad comes online.

After creating a brand new squad, the player will need to play at least 1 match to be placed in Squad Wars.

Challenge your Friend

Since 1.9, there are two settings in the 'Challenge your friend' game mode; an equalized power mode and a regular PvP mode. You can choose the settings on the 'Challenge your friend' tab.

The equalized power mode offers you a friendly battle with arena-like settings: a skill-based battle where the power of both players, their loadouts and their armies is equal.

The regular PvP mode offers an un-equalized match with the actual power of each player.

Whenever you choose a setting, it stays the same for each match that you send out an invite for. However, whenever you accept an invite, your settings will be adjusted to the preference of the player whose invite you're accepting.

WarCards

You can use WarCards to boost up your gameplay or to make your opponent sweat a little more. Its special effects are perfect for spicing up every match.

WarCards can be obtained in several ways, such as daily login rewards, in-app purchases, match rewards, skirmish rewards, VIP rewards etc.

Since 1.9, there's a limit of 10 Buddy Cards per player.

The Gold, Silver and Bronze WarCard stacks have no limit.

Maps

There are several different maps in WarFriends where the battle takes place. Each map has its unique design, layout and requires its own tactical approach.

You can choose your preferred map on the 'Prepare for battle' screen. However, it is not guaranteed that when you choose a map, you'll always play on it. If two players have a different preferred map (or one has a preferred map and the other has random), the player who hosts the match is the one who determines the map selection. Who is the room master and who is the client gets determined by the server during matchmaking, and it can't be affected in any way.

Issues

The app crashes at launch or during gameplay. What’s wrong?

Make sure that your device meets the hardware and software requirements for running Warfriends, and also that you are using the latest version of the game. WarFriends requires a minimum of 1024 MB RAM to run, however its recommend you play on a device with at least 2 GB RAM for best experience. As such, some older or lower powered devices might not be able to handle the game, if this happens, please send your device information to our support team so we can investigate, you can find links to support in multiple languages here {LINK}.

We are constantly working on improving performance on both platforms to make the gameplay experience as best as possible.

If you’d like to know more, get in touch.

I’m getting disconnected during a match. Why?

The connection may be interrupted during a match when you or your opponent’s internet connection isn’t strong or stable enough. Please always make sure that your connection is solid before entering a match, doing this ensures the best experience for yourself and the other players.

All matches require a very good connection, so it's important to check that your connection doesn't fluctuate, and in case of Wi-Fi, that you are not too far away from your router. You should also check if other applications on your device don't consume too much data. Also, bear in mind that the speed of the connection is as important as the quality thereof.

I have lost my progress in WarFriends and now a new account has been made. How do I get my old profile back?

No worries, we’ve got you covered. If something like this happens, please always get in touch with our Support team here. We’ll help you get your old account back in no time.

I’ve seen a suspicious behaviour from a player during gameplay.

If you witness some strange behaviour from your opponent, please use the red ‘Report' button that you will find under the Opponent tab after a match. We hate cheaters as much as you do, so we’ll investigate the report further and take the necessary measures.

SCREENSHOT7.png

I’ve seen a player being offensive in global chat.

Same as above, if you see someone spamming, being rude, offensive or vulgar in global or squad chat, just press the little red “!” in the bottom right corner of the particular message. Our Support Team will review the reported message and take the necessary measures.

Needless to say, watch your own language in Global and Squad chat, as our admins are very unforgiving when it comes to the use of hateful or offensive language, @#*^:{!

3rd Party APKs

WarFriends doesn’t support any third-party APKs, and anybody who plays the game using those will be banned without warning. The same goes for any other kind of cheating tool.

In-Game Purchases

How often do the Special Offers/rentals come up?

One-time special offers and weapon/unit rentals are generated randomly, and their frequency is different for each player. There are no triggers or systems behind these offers, that’s why some players might receive them more often than others. It’s pure chance, people!

When is the next sale coming?

We like to build our sales plan based on the law of action and reaction. Therefore, sales are being launched according to the current events and player engagement. We like to keep the element of surprise in the game. So stay on your toes.

I accidentally spent gold on an in-app purchase. Can I get it back?

As WarFriends is a PvP multiplayer game, reversing Gold spend would have a negative affect on other players you have played against. As we cannot remove items or roll back a players progress, refunding Gold would give you the item you had spent it on for free, which is not fair to other players who had acquired the item through normal gameplay.

I didn’t find an answer to my question here.

If you have any other issues that our FAQ didn’t cover, please get in touch with our Support team. Don’t forget to include your player ID (you’ll find it in the bottom right corner of the Settings menu) and any screenshots that will help us spot and solve your query faster.

Subscriptions

What perks does the Subscription card provide me with?

• 20% reduction on all Upgrade timers
  • No winstreak timers
  • 50% faster DogTag refresh timers
  • No Card crafting timers

How do I cancel my Subscription?

If you decide to cancel your Subscription, depending on your OS, take the following next steps:

iOS

• In game, go to the Subscription tab, click on Manage Subscription
  • You'll be taken to the App Store:
    • On iOS 11, click on your profile in the upper right corner and go to “Manage Subscriptions”. There you can choose to cancel all your current subscriptions to all the apps you own.
    • On iOS 10 and older, go to Settings, then tap iTunes & App Store. Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen. Then tap Manage Subscriptions and choose the subscriptions you want to manage. From this screen you can cancel your subscription.

Android

• In game, go to the Subscription tab, click on Manage Subscription
    • You'll be taken to Google Play Store, click Menu and My Subscriptions. There you can adjust all of your subscriptions.

If you cancel auto-renewal, the active subscription will still be active and give you all the benefits until the end date of the subscription.

Piggy Bank

Play the game as you normally would, and fill up the piggy bank with precious Gold. Feel free to break the Piggy Bank and withdraw the Gold at any time – but remember that the fuller your Piggy Bank gets, the better the deal becomes.

After each withdrawal, your Piggy Bank advances to the next tier, offering you great deals on Gold. The total amount of tiers is 5. After breaking the 5th tier, you will be able to re-fill tier 5 again.

Black Market

What’s so special about Black Market?

The Black Market is a special weapon merchant provided to players by a Mysterious Stranger who has access to a special arsenal filled with weapons that not only have super stylish new looks, but also offer some much improved additional stats, such as faster firing rate, bigger magazine, faster cooldown and so on.

Once the Stranger pays you a visit, his offer will be valid for 60 minutes. Then he leaves, and who knows if he ever comes back again?

I haven’t got the Black Market offer yet / in a long time. What’s wrong?

The Mysterious Stranger is an unpredictable fella, and only fate decides whom he makes his offers There’s no key to trigger the Black Market offers, but just believe that there’s nothing wrong. Keep striving for great and complex results in your game and you will surely catch his eye soon enough.

Missions

What is the purpose of Missions?

Missions are the replacement of the good old WarPath: it’s a fun, quick game with a given goal that gives you the opportunity to train your skills without the stress of a PvP battle, but with some juicy rewards.

I’m stuck in one of the Missions. What can I do to advance further?

The difficulty of the Missions is based on your level in the moment they are generated. If you find the Mission to be too difficult, try leveling up some of your weapons or units and come back later. The rewards are worth the effort!

Assignments

How do the Assignments work?

In the 1.5 update, the Assignments have been overhauled to

1. Have no time limit in which you can complete them
  2. Always have up to 3 queued tasks for you to complete
  3. Be skippable and always replaced by a different one (in case you have some in the queue)

Can I lose progress on the Mega Reward?

There is essentially no way to lose progress on your journey towards the Mega Reward. The Assignments are kept forever until completed, and the same goes for the Mega Reward progression. Keep fulfilling Assignments to claim it in a matter of days, or take a break halfway.

Events

The Events are irregular in-game happenings, where you'll be given various assignments, and receive rewards if you manage to fulfil them.

Video Feed

How do I get my video featured on the WarFriends TV?

Just click on the WarFriends TV widget on the Home screen in-game. Then tap on the “Submit your video” button in the upper right corner. Paste your video link into the pop-up (the supported video platforms are YouTube, Twitch and MobCrush) and then tap “Submit video”. Our team will check the content and post your video either to the “Featured” or the “Recents” tab.

Only the coolest vids get a front page feature though!

How do I add the golden Streamer Badge to my in-game profile?  

Send us an e-mail at contentcreator@about-fun.com or get in touch on our official WarFriends Facebook page. We’ll need the link to your YouTube channel and your player ID. Once we check your channel and it has got some WarFriends content in it, we’ll add the streamer badge to your profile.

Commander

What is the Commander system?

1.8's all-new Commander system is a recruitment tool that gives all players the opportunity to bring their friends into the game and earn great, Commander-specific rewards by working together.

As a Commander, you send out an invitation to your friends via one of the offered social channels. Once they join the game, they become your Recruits. By advancing in the game, Recruits fulfill your Commander Objectives, for which you receive Loyalty Points that can be exchanged for items in the Loyalty Store.

Another way to earn Loyalty Points is by fulfilling Special Operations, a task that appears once every few days.

• Every Recruit can become a Commander to other Recruits, and fulfill both roles at the same time.
  • There's a limit of 100 Recruits per Commander. Once you reach the upper limit, you can still invite more friends, but they won't become your Recruits anymore.
  • The Recruit deletion option is planned for 1.9. Coming soon!

My Objective progress doesn't update on the Objective screen.

With some of the Objectives, the progress updates only after the new Recruit has played a match.

It might also happen that a small delay comes up when communicating with the server while updating the Objective progress. If that's the case, just restart the app and the progress will update.

What is the Loyalty Store?

Loyalty Store is a special store with unique items (Loyalty Units and Cosmetics) that could be purchased with Loyalty Points only.

Loyalty Points can be obtained by inviting Recruits and having them fulfil Commander assignments.

What are the rules for receiving a game or a chat ban?

When violating the rules for the first time, a temporary ban will be issued. In case of repeated violation, a ban for a longer period of time will follow. If even the second warning isn't a warning enough, the player may receive a permanent ban.

In case of a serious breach of the following rules, an immediate, permanent ban may be issued.

This applies to both game and chat ban in WarFriends.

Here's an excerpt from EA's Terms of Service for a thorough coverage of the ban policy.

• Use any software or program that damages, interferes with or disrupts an EA Service or another's computer or property, such as denial of service attacks, spamming, hacking, or uploading computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, cancelbots, spyware, corrupted files and time bombs.
  • Interfere with or disrupt another player's use of an EA Service. This includes disrupting the normal flow of game play, chat or dialogue within an EA Service by, for example, using vulgar or harassing language, being abusive, excessive shouting (all caps), spamming, flooding or hitting the return key repeatedly.
  • Harass, threaten, bully, embarrass, spam or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated.
  • Contribute UGC or organize or participate in any activity, group or guild that is inappropriate, abusive, harassing, profane, threatening, hateful, offensive, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invades another's privacy, or is otherwise reasonably objectionable.
  • Publish, post, upload or distribute UGC or content that is illegal or that you don't have permission to freely distribute.
  • Publish, post, upload or distribute any content, such as a topic, name, screen name, avatar, persona, or other material or information, that EA (acting reasonably and objectively) determines is inappropriate, abusive, hateful, harassing, profane, defamatory, threatening, hateful, obscene, sexually explicit, infringing, privacy-invasive, vulgar, offensive, indecent or unlawful.
  • Post a message for any purpose other than personal communication. Prohibited messages include advertising, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes and other types of solicitation or commercial activities.
  • Impersonate another person or falsely imply that you are an EA employee or representative.
  • Improperly use in-game support or complaint buttons or make false reports to EA staff.
  • Attempt to obtain, or phish for, a password, account information, or other private information from anyone else on EA Services.
  • Use any robot, spider or other automated device or process to access this website for any purpose or copy any material on this website.
  • Use or distribute unauthorized software programs or tools, such as "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs, "cheat utility" software program or applications, exploits, cheats, or any other game hacking, altering or cheating software or tool.
  • Modify any file or any other part of the EA Service that EA does not specifically authorize you to modify.
  • Use exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or problems in an EA Service.
  • Use or distribute counterfeit software or EA Content, including EA Virtual Currency.
  • Attempt to use an EA Service on or through any service that is not controlled or authorized by EA.
  • Sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer or offer to transfer your EA Account, any personal access to EA Services, or any EA Content associated with your EA Account, including EA Virtual Currency and other Entitlements, either within an EA Service or on a third party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction, unless expressly authorized by EA.
  • Use an EA Service in a country in which EA is prohibited from offering such services under applicable export control laws.
  • If an EA Service requires you to create a "user name" or a "persona" to represent you in game and online, you should not use your real name and may not use a user name or persona that is used by someone else or that EA determines is vulgar or offensive or violates someone else's rights.
  • Engage in any other activity that significantly disturbs the peaceful, fair and respectful gaming environment of an EA Service.
  • Use information about users publicly available in any EA Service (e.g. on a leaderboard) for any purpose unrelated to the Service, including to attempt to identify such users in the real world.
  • Promote, encourage or take part in any prohibited activity described above.

For more information, visit the ToS page.

The duration of a ban is based on several conditions (how serious the offense is, whether the player has received a ban before and what for). Please note that repeated breakage of the chat ban rules or a major offense may lead to a permanent chat or game ban.

I didn’t find an answer to my question here.

If you have any other issues that our FAQ didn’t cover, please get in touch with our Support team. Don’t forget to include your player ID (you’ll find it in the bottom right corner of the Settings menu) and any screenshots that will help us spot and solve your query faster.

Message 1 of 3 (9,385 Views)

★★★★ Novice
But in the Arena why are so few players?I ve been waiting for one hour to get matched.And why you are not responding on Gmail and Facebook?
Message 2 of 3 (9,096 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Newbie

I still can't play on HTC desire 820 -.-

Message 3 of 3 (8,652 Views)

warfriends-promo

Save your game progress

Link your game to your Game Center account to save your game progress. Bring your progress with you if you switch devices.

How to save your game

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help