Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

WarFriends 1.8

by EA_DaveRF10

Original Post

WarFriends 1.8

[ Edited ]
EA Community Manager

The 1.8 WarFriends update is here!

Hey, soldier! Download our latest update now and discover all the new features! Now you can:

• Work and win together when you recruit your friends to earn Loyalty Points, which can be used in the all-new store to unlock unique rewards like Special Units

• Challenge friends and other players, regardless of their rank and power, to an equalized one vs. one match – no power advantage, just skill

• Invite your real-life friends to play WarFriends, fulfil Objectives, take part in Spec Ops , and earn Commander-exclusive rewards!

• Take part in an Easter egg hunt (or, rather, a rabbit hunt) to collect holiday-themed rewards

• Buy WarBucks directly with Gold

• Get two new Units, Rogue and Hazard, exclusively available for Loyalty Points

Loyalty Points

WarFriends 1.8 is all about cooperation. By recruiting friends and fulfilling special tasks (Objectives and Spec Ops), you will all be rewarded with Loyalty points that can be spent in the new Loyalty store, packed with exclusive goodies. The more Loyalty points you have, the better the exclusive reward you can get!  

Challenge literally anyone

We know you guys love the Arena. So we're giving you the opportunity to apply some of its rules in friendly battles, too! No matter the rank or equipment, anyone can now challenge anyone for a friendly match - the power will be equalized, so everybody stands a fair chance for victory. Do you have what it takes to beat the veterans?

Commander operations

The new Commander system allows you to invite your real-life friends (family, coworkers, neighbors, all of them!) and have them take part on Operations - Objectives or or special Spec Ops assigned by you, the Commander. Earn Loyalty points, win great rewards and excel together!

Easter egg hunt with themed rewards

Spring is upon us, and so what better way to celebrate the holidays with an Easter-themed event: come back every day to hunt the rabbits, collect points and earn awesome holiday rewards to show off with!

Warbucks for Gold

Short on WarBucks for the next upgrade? Now you can exchange Gold directly for WarBucks, without any external purchases. Getting the buck has never been easier!

Two New Exclusive Units!

We've added two brand new units with unique looks and behavior to the game. They're exclusive to the Loyalty store, so start recruiting now to get your hands on them. Rogue (shooter) and Hazard (rusher) at your service, Commander!

Hazard (Unlock at lvl 30)
Rusher / Ground / Non-Mechanical

Attack: 1,244

Health: 1,934

Energy cost: 2

Cooldown: 2s 

Rogue (Unlock at lvl 4)
Shooter / Ground / Non-Mechanical

Attack: 179

Health: 143

Energy cost: 1

Cooldown: 1s 

Improvements and fixes

• Craft 3 Gold Warcards into another Gold Warcard - select 3 golden Cards you don’t want and receive 1 new Gold WarCard

• Carousel dots under main screen offers to inform players about how many offers they currently have active

• Fixed Input bug on certain Android 8.0 devices

•  Fixed showing sale popup on iOS

•  Fixed some Quality Setup issues

•  Fixed hair glitches on multiple characters and how they behave with Helmets

•  Fixed minigun overheat issue where overheat would carry over in some battles

•  Fixed assignments claiming from Notification Center

•  Fixed Facebook invites not working (Facebook invites deprecation) by introducing Firebase invites and removing Facebook invites everywhere throughout the app

Balance changes

• Smoothed out matchmaking deviations for ranks 1-10 in order to ensure better and faster matchmaking between players

• Cooldown of VTOL Unit has been increased from 4 to 8 seconds
  • Fixed scaling of ammo of Enforcer Elite SMG

Message 1 of 4 (970 Views)

Re: WarFriends 1.8

★★★★ Newbie
When you claim to have "fixed Android input issue", what are you referring to? My Note has a crack in part of the screen so I just used my stylus. It only would work in that small portion. Now, my stylus doesn't work at all with the game? That part and none of the rest of the game work with it. I can use it for literally everything else, launch the game with it, and then it's dead. Ideas? Or maybe it's meant to be that way.
Message 2 of 4 (908 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
When you claim to have "fixed Android input issue", what are you referring to? My Note has a crack in part of the screen so I just used my stylus. It only would work in that small portion. Now, my stylus doesn't work at all with the game? That part and none of the rest of the game work with it. I can use it for literally everything else, launch the game with it, and then it's dead. Ideas? Or maybe it's meant to be that way.
Message 3 of 4 (866 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Hi guys. When will the defense unity be launched with points of loyalty? Thanks.

Message 4 of 4 (246 Views)

warfriends-promo

Save your game progress

Link your game to your Game Center account to save your game progress. Bring your progress with you if you switch devices.

How to save your game

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help