Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: How is your security so bad and can you improve it?

by mvabier

Original Post

How is your security so bad and can you improve it?

★★★★ Newbie

My account keep getting compromise even if I have Login Verification On. I get email about new sign-ins. The only time I sign in now is like whenever I get hacked which is like every other 2 or 3 weeks. How are people accessing my account when Login Verification is on? It is really annoying and I know i'm not the only one here to who it happens. I've followed the instruction here https://help.ea.com/tr/help/account/how-to-maintain-account-security but it still not better. What is going on? How is your security so bad and can you improve it?

Message 1 of 4 (109 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @mvabier. From your post, it sounds like maybe the compromiser could also have access to your email account. It's worth changing the passworn your email and all linked accounts.

I would also suggest that you  speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Message 2 of 4 (93 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the reply Darko.

The compromiser
does not have access to my email account because it uses two factor authentication as well. And if he did he would hack more than an EA account which is not the case.

You are offering support in your reply but you don't answer the question itself.

I'll contact you when I'll have more time.

Message 3 of 4 (79 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @mvabier if you have login verification enabled on your EA account and someone is still able to gain access then this would mean that they have access to your email or another device/account on which the verification code is being sent. Without the verification code, no one would be able to access your account. 

Darko

Message 4 of 4 (75 Views)

warfriends-promo

Save your game progress

Link your game to your Game Center account to save your game progress. Bring your progress with you if you switch devices.

How to save your game

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help