Battlefield 2042 - Update #4.0

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 2042 - Update #4.0

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So this update reset and destroyed all my settings and key bindings. So much tinkering and adjustments had taken place, that I can never fully recover from this loss. RIP.

Also got even more pissed when tried to open the in-game help, and was presented with a QR code to scan, instead of a link or a button. Really?

Message 51 of 141 (1,233 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm stuck in an update loop.

After updating I still get the message "Game update required" and it only shows the update button.

Tried to reinstall the game but same result.

Using the EA Desktop App btw

Message 52 of 141 (1,200 Views)

★★ Guide
@Straatford87 The VOIP is now not working

The Armor Piercing Rounds do vehicle damage

Rank is still showing Promoted

Message 53 of 141 (1,170 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@MossleySloan85@Straatford87 I am also waiting on any anwser on this particular one. Any news on this? Previously we couldnt replenish ammo for the underbarrel GLs etc from ammo boxes and had to use Angels crate, but now with patch 4.0 even THAT has become bugged. Cant replenish from Angels crate either --> there is no possible way whatsoever to get ammo for UGLs without dying and respawning. Can you fix this for both ammo box and Angels crate please? 

See post #8 on the first page of this thread for picture from @MossleySloan85 .

Message 54 of 141 (1,156 Views)

★★ Guide
@Straatford87 Game feels a lot smoother, way less CPU spikes and stutter. Better game balance as their is less vehicle dominance. Keep on working and hacking the code!!
Message 55 of 141 (1,143 Views)

★★ Guide

@Straatford87 You and your team have neglected Solo/Co-op for MONTHS and you've said NOTHING as to when it'll ever be uncapped even though you claimed it would be 'temporary' and now to make matters worse, you remove half of the AI in Solo/Co-op with nary a word! The PvE community who bought this game for Solo/Co-op demand answers and only want nothing more than to play the game again so please respond and stop ignoring us like a brick wall and just tell us when the hell we can play again.

Message 56 of 141 (1,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Straatford87I'm getting "You have been promoted" every match since Update 4.0 (see screenshot).

The game feels more stable now! Less lagg, less spikes etc.

Message 57 of 141 (1,111 Views)

★★ Guide

Also before you and anyone even has the gall to say 'nobody has asked or wants that' https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Progression-not-working-properly-for-weapons-and-vehicl... Look at this damn thread and open your damn eyes. 200 pages long and you guys have done NOTHING.

Message 58 of 141 (1,110 Views)

★★ Guide
@Gulpee_Rex I reported the same to @Straatford87 twice, like you I only wish to Improve the Game.
Message 59 of 141 (1,066 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Straatford87 Few other bugs:

- The soldiers stuck together in a row on EoR screen appearing way more frequent.

- I keep getting promoted every round

- Idk if it's a bug, but why is there no more intro music sound before getting into the match? It feels so empty now...
Message 60 of 141 (1,179 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help