Battlefield 2042 - Update #3.3

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 2042 - Update #3.3

★ Guide

reassure me , the changelog I see on this thread is not the full changelog ??????

plz tell me , it s not full , it would be a joke if we have only scoreboard and only few bugs solved....

Message 21 of 144 (1,382 Views)

★★ Guide

No performance changes?

No improved graphics?

No new maps?

No Team Balance?

Comon Dice, the community is screaming for more....

Message 22 of 144 (1,375 Views)

★★★ Novice

As a long time BF player, I am about to send this game to its grave and never touch it again.  Nice job killing the Battlefield name!  I never thought it would be possible.  This is nothing but a poor excuse of an update after a few months of dead air.  

Here's a tip.  Go and play all the other BF titles and tell us what you did so very wrong with 2042.

Keep your skins, I want a real Battlefield game.  

Message 23 of 144 (1,370 Views)

★★ Expert

Question: Why couldn't these notes have been posted last week? The patch itself is like 4 lines of notes and there's nothing else "new" in it unless work on the post didn't start until today.

I think we were expecting a smaller patch, but holy crap this still manages to be underwhelming even for a smaller patch.

Message 24 of 144 (1,357 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@edgecrusherO0 Right. I was like holy * a "small range of fixes"?? Are you f kidding me...we will get 10-15 bug fixes and that's it??

Than we actually get 7.

7 bugs fixed. 2 of them for Hazard Zone.

Holy *. 😂
Message 25 of 144 (1,325 Views)

★ Guide

What has battlefield come to.

- This game shipped without a scoreboard

- The community had to ask for a scoreboard to get added, while it's a very very very basic functionality in games within the FPS genre

- The initial draft lacked DEATHS, again the community had to ask for them to get added, it's very basic info and on all scoreboards on every FPS game including all the previous battlefields

- 7 Months after release of the game, a scoreboard gets added...

And then the communication for these patch notes are like if the dev team moved heaven and earth to present to us...... a scoreboard.

And telling us how much time and effort it took to create this scoreboard.... from scratch... really?

Yes, we asked for a scoreboard, because it should've been in the game on release! It should not take away any development time from a so called "live-service" game to implement such basic functionalities, the same with VOIP, Squad management, etc.

It should not take away any development time from fixing any of the game breaking bugs and glitches that are still in this game from release.

This whole update is a joke, the release notes are a joke, this game is a joke. 

Message 26 of 144 (1,310 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@edgecrusherO0 our expectations of them were low but holy crap. Talk about lowering the bar.

In most games, updates are exciting. This is the first real update to the game since launch, and we get a scoreboard?

One of the more hilarious (or sad) things about this is, you will have more information on the scoreboard about your "gaming performance" than you do on your own profile page. I guess that is also coming "after launch".
Message 27 of 144 (1,303 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

While I appreciate the reworking (creation?) of the scoreboard, I cannot help but wonder why this was the only major event taking place?  I mean, the mockup was available months ago and this change isn't rocket science.

I cannot honestly understand where the effort went  You fixed a couple of issues for console players and addressed one Breakthrough bug and two issues with Hazard Zone (a mode that LITERALLY no one plays any more.)

You have untold amounts of data to analyze, thousands of repeatable bugs reported since beta and THIS is all that the development team resolves for arguably the most important update for 2042???  On the other hand, I have a LOT of useless skins to not apply.

As the face of 2042, I cannot help but believe that you're just as discouraged at the sheer lack of bug fixes this release has, especially having to face the public in your role. Apologies in advance if the release notes cover a lot more issue resolutions than this, but this is disheartened to say the least.  Good luck to you.

Message 28 of 144 (1,278 Views)

★★★ Novice

Would be nice if i could even actually get the update to appear on Origin, ive tried all the "fixes" and still no update appears, i loaded in and can see its on 3.2 ( which i had to mess around n delete cache to get it to recognise that update last time!)

currently this week my profile has reset 4 times when trying to play and it wanted me to re-do the training mission and watch all the cut scenes ( AGAIN)... luckily i have saved my profile and just have to go in and paste it over the files almost anytime i want to play.. seems legit right? it still somehow reads that i have an RTX3080 and deccides i should be able to run the game on ultra settings ( HAHA) 

so my question is in part to EA... FIX ORIGIN LAUNCHER already its been in beta for years now and it just fails BADLY... or at least add a damn dedicated "CHECK FOR UPDATES" button PLEASE!!!! 

i dont even know what my plan is to fix it right now... just pray to the EA fairy that it magically works out the update is somewhere in the ether? 

Message 29 of 144 (1,273 Views)

★★ Expert
@Lucky13Luke13 Because it's not live yet, it's going live tomorrow.
Message 30 of 144 (1,266 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help