by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 2042 - Update #2.2.0

★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue

Message 21 of 38 (1,276 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yo is there any traditional hard-core games modes for BF 2042? Like the original HC in BF4 with no crosshairs, no map, and no hitmarkers?

Message 22 of 38 (1,257 Views)

★ Novice

same for me, frequently the game freez, on diffenrent maps since the update, i tried to repair the game, same freezes

Message 23 of 38 (1,135 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i got the same problem, cant play the game now, thanks a bunch!

Message 24 of 38 (1,112 Views)

★★ Apprentice

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX????? sod the map reworks, where are all the maps, where are all the weapons, this game is HALF the game bF4 and BF3 were.

Message 25 of 38 (1,112 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@asmontI Game needs a sense of progression to keep people coming back rather than just casual playing
Message 26 of 38 (1,104 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@BradleyRMan4 had the same issue and have same cpu i did a rollback and use the old 517.48 driver and it work fine for me
Message 27 of 38 (1,101 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Orbital 128 Rework Feedback

It definitely has a better Battlefield atmosphere, it has better gameplay flow, more predictable and focused areas of fighting.

Unfortunately, the smaller play space means the recent buffs to the Anti Air capabilities are too strong for Orbital. You can't fly anywhere meaningful without being locked on by something or get shot at by the AA Tank, which now seems to camp at the Bunker, since from there it can cover the entire playable map.

It's weird. On one hand it feels like the rework was entirely based around infantry gameplay but so much about Orbital was meant to be the synonymous balance between both Infantry and Vehicles, it's almost as though two different teams worked on Orbital and then the Orbital Rework.

Overall though, I feel like the map is a little bit too small now to actually have balanced vehicle combat and as a result you will seldom see air vehicles provide much on Orbital Reworked, whilst on the other spectrum of vehicles, ground vehicles will reign supreme on Orbital Reworked.

The worst part of the rework is that the VAB is somehow less important now due to there being less objectives, I feel like there should be another checkpoint inside the VAB to help balance it out and turn the VAB into it's own sector between those two vertical capture points.

2042 needs more MAPS, It's time to stop reworking and start creating new maps! Out with the old, in with the new! If we wanna revisit old maps then lets bring in more Portal MAPS, where's Operation Metro?

Message 28 of 38 (1,096 Views)

Betreff: Battlefield 2042 - Update #2.2.0

★ Pro

@Straatford87 

Orbital rework is very nice, feels way better now for the first looks atleast.

Just a really really big problem:

The game freezes from time to time and crashes, for me so bad that the pc even restarts itself after I click away the directx error.

Another friend can't play conquest anymore, black screen/freeze

two other friends have randomly lags ingame now

all since the patch... this needs to be urgently fixed and is a catastrophe, it made the game almost unplayable.

I have crash dumps, but zip can't be uploaded neither here nor in the helpcenter/mycases...

Message 29 of 38 (1,071 Views)

★★ Novice

It's been a year. Can yall make it a priority to give us the same HUD customization as the previous Battlefields? I play Hardcore. Many times, the map is disabled. I want the ability to turn off certain elements of the HUD like map, squad team mates, weapon info. Currently, turning off the entire HUD also removes the onscreen objectives, like the ability to tell who is a team mate. 

There is no reason why I need to know 100% of the time what the names of the people are in my squad. If a server in Portal doesn't allow the map to be used, it shows a blank square box where the map is. There is no reason to know how many bullets you have 100% of the time or what the reload speed of the gadgets are. On hardcore on previous battlefields, we would simply press the button on the D pad to see if it was available. All of these HUD elements glued to the screen defeats the point of Hardcore Portal. 

Message 30 of 38 (1,051 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help