Original Post

Re: Battlefield 2042 - Update #2.0.1

★★★ Newbie

still haven't fixed the Casper drone glitch. M320 lvg is still broken too

Message 41 of 52 (847 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@champers999When Series X was released to the market for first time, I was a lucky person who could be able to buy one just at launch of it. My misery was all videogames worked perfectly fine but every time I put BTV my new Series X crash and went to the menu in the better cases, and the most of the times it made my series X just turn off and on or just freeze the screen and I had to restart the console with hard reset... Nobody gave me a correct answer for it, all my friends who got series X at same time could play totally fine BTV but me. I put in contact with Microsoft, with EA support, nobody gave me a solution for this, they just said wait for a next update of your console cus is just release to the market... But I couldn't understand because everybody I asked (in Twitter and here) , they didn't have such problem, I was the only person and it was only with this game... Until I found some customers with same problem of freeze, turn off and on console problem with the game assassins creed Valhalla Ubisoft and COD(which were released at same time than the new console) and nobody gave them a solution for it either..

So I decided ask for a refund of my series X to Microsoft and get the money back. I was able to buy another one a month and a half later (lucky me) and I never had again this problem with any game, and it was not a new update from BTV game yet, so at the end I assume it was about some hardware graphics internal problem or something similar from the console itself, that's why I couldn't fix it with my preview series X (cus I did several restart and recoveries before ask for a refund to MS). So I say, probably it is not a game problem, I didn't have this problem with BT2042.

I was so mad and thank God MS could return my money because It was in warranty time (less than 1 month since I bought).

Link to the post BTV crash Xbox Series X 

Message 42 of 52 (847 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DuaneDibbley wrote:

@Straatford87 wrote:

• The Location Revealed notification for spotted target now remains on screen for 0.3s

This again shows a complete disconnect from the player base.

Players are NOT annoyed by the DURATION of the message but the fact that wall hacks are in the game to begin with. So you opted to 'FIX' this by making the message show less frequent or for a shorter duration but keep the time you are spotted the same?

I unfortunately cannot write here what I think about the mindset of someone who thought this to be a good idea. So I simply say it is NOT a good one -- unless you also made sure the that the wallhack duration also got shortened to 0.3s as well (but as this is not how the change is worded I'd say you did just the UI 'fix' and not the actual required nerf to the wallhack itself.

Very basic and easy to fix things are still broken (ADS bug for the SCAR for instance). And many more even more important -- but most likely also harder to fix -- issues like the still not working mouse input. But NO, you fix the duration of some UI element that players actually need to know for how long they are spotted (if you just show that for 0.3s, how should one know if one is still on Paik's visor or not?).

Completely changing Paik's ability would be a bigger change and not something we would just push out via a Hotfix. So right now we looked at what is the feedback we are getting from players on how this ability works, and how we can improve its gameplay. So we changed that.

@DuaneDibbley wrote:

I unfortunately cannot write here what I think about the mindset of someone who thought this to be a good idea. So I simply say it is NOT a good one -- unless you also made sure the that the wallhack duration also got shortened to 0.3s as well (but as this is not how the change is worded I'd say you did just the UI 'fix' and not the actual required nerf to the wallhack itself.

Honest question, but did you actually read the full Update Notes that also links to last week's Hotfix? Yes, we already shortened the duration of the Spot. It's 0.07s now as we announced last week. 

Message 43 of 52 (815 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Straatford87 Could you have fixed the 'Location Revealed' glitch too?
SUPER annoying to get the pop-up AFTER I've been shot and killed EVERY time.
Message 44 of 52 (779 Views)

★★★ Newbie

New update but still not fix to my horrendous game crashing issue. I'm on Xbox Series X and the game crashes 100% of the time withing 3 minutes of any given map. I'm in the U.S. and I have had this issue for months. I really want my money back since I haven't been able to play the game for almost as long as I've had it. I've reported on Xbox many times and never any fix. Reinstalling the game or even resetting the xbox, or changing the resolution, nothing has stopped this crashing problem. EA, if you can fix or give me my money back, please reach out to me.

Message 45 of 52 (750 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@TheBiggestNutsmaybe it is a hardware failure/instability? This game is very demanding, especially on stability of memory and on data transfer (storage and network)

Message 46 of 52 (706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I dont know what kind of failure it is, I just know it crashes every time within 3 minutes of a match. I'm on xbox series x, I also have the seagate expansion card so I have plenty of storage. I don't know why it crashes every time.

Message 47 of 52 (686 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Terrible update. Try fixing Sundances (awful name btw) grenades. They either do the opposite of what they are set to do and/or have to double click to get it to change only for it to detonate as then other grenade type. Your new character whatever his name is completely useless. He's easily killed with his silly may gun setup. He basically acts as another medic type, at least that's a I've been seeing of him from other players. Stopped playing him really quick and I don't see much of him in game. Total failure. Stealth helicopter all day in stealth mode dropping bombs on all game types except conquest. Where there is a slightly better  chance at destroying it. Soooo many issues with this game. So little time. Moving on to another game. 

Message 48 of 52 (666 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Tank2042Man I’ve played around 500hrs and not had many crashes in that time. However, since the last update I’ve had about 5 full crashes on Series X. I.e. where the game fully crashes and quits itself, not just pulls out of the match. All other games fine, no crashing.
Message 49 of 52 (603 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I get that stutter a lot when exchanging fire simultaneously with a target. Holding thr trigger down fully, The rate of fire turns into stutter a d I usually end up dying. I assume that at that point it's the battle of internet speeds that wins the duel. 

Message 50 of 52 (585 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help