BATTLEFIELD 2042 UPDATE #4.1.1

by T0TALfps

Original Post

BATTLEFIELD 2042 UPDATE #4.1.1

EA DICE Team

KIN_HF-Comm-411b.jpg

Hello there,

We have a small Quality of Life Update on the way with Update 4.1.1. 

The main focus of this update is to introduce All-Chat Functionality, a much-requested feature from our community, alongside further Quality of Life improvements.

We’ve enjoyed witnessing your reactions to our upcoming Mid Season Event, Leviathan Rising and cannot wait to see your clips and feedback as you go hands-on with it shortly!

//The Battlefield Team

Stay Informed

Follow us on the @BattlefieldComm Twitter account to stay informed on the roll out of our updates. You can also follow along with our tracking of Known Issues.

Changelog

Chat Improvements

• All-Chat functionality is now available. You can once again congratulate the other team for dancing on top of your downed body.
    • All-Chat will be turned off by default when this update goes live. If you wish to partake in friendly chatter with the opposing team then you’ll need to turn this feature on via Options > Display > HUD General > Chat Section.
  • Resolved an issue for console players that were unable to assign an input to Chat Visibility.
    • You will now be able to assign an input via Options > Controller > Edit Controller Mapping > Menu

General Improvements

• Resolved an issue that resulted in the CAV-Brawler “Earthshaker” Vehicle Skin from interacting with world objects.
  • Resolved an issue that prevented some players from selecting equipment from the second and third Weapon Station / Pods within the Vehicles Collection Screen.
  • Resolved an issue that resulted in some players losing access to Irish’s APS-36 Shootdown Sentinel.
  • The Damage Dealt Statistic at the End-of-Round Screen was shown for players more often than intended, this has now been adjusted to its intended frequency.

This announcement may change as we listen to community feedback and continue developing and evolving our Live Service & Content. We will always strive to keep our community as informed as possible.

Message 1 of 12 (2,070 Views)

Re: BATTLEFIELD 2042 UPDATE #4.1.1

Absolutely love it. Congrats, keep improving the game.

Message 2 of 12 (1,843 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@T0TALfpsThe setting is not showing up on PS5

Message 3 of 12 (1,761 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Shibiwan The functionality will become available as an option, 12:00 UTC on the 12th.
Message 4 of 12 (1,755 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@T0TALfpsHaving it off by default but allowing people like me to opt in on the All-chat was a great compromise.
As one of the many people who suggested it, I feel really happy to see it happen.

Message 5 of 12 (1,723 Views)

★★★ Newbie

All chat doesn't seem to be available on Xbox. Also in the new game mode, it seems a lot of console players are having trouble placing the Lance device. I believe it has to do with the poor decision to have the ping / common rose (hold) button as a required button to be able to place the device

Message 6 of 12 (1,657 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Interesting to hear a different opinion.

Everyone, including myself, felt it should have been turned on by default, and if you didn't want to see it then you have the option to turn it off.

EA clearly doesn't want All Chat. I've only played one game but only one other person knew they added it back into the game.  I and another player have to explain how to turn it on.

Genuinely, curious why you still want it hidden and turned off by default?

Message 7 of 12 (1,621 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It wont even give me the option to download update 4.1.1 on xbox one. And now there is no one online but I'm connected to ea. ????

Message 8 of 12 (1,424 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@T0TALfps What they need to do is let us remove attachments. It's the most basic thing in any game and yet BF doesn't have it. It's annoying having clustered gun attachments and trying to quickly switch mid battle
Message 9 of 12 (1,393 Views)

★ Guide

ty!

Message 10 of 12 (1,293 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help