xbox 360 controller on unravel?

by galcall

Original Post

Highlighted

xbox 360 controller on unravel?

★★★ Newbie

How do i use my wired xbox 360 controller for the game unravel?

Message 1 of 8 (7,516 Views)

Re: xbox 360 controller on unravel?

Hero

On PC ? 

I have a xbox 360 controller on PC and it's working great

What issues do you have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (7,479 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i don't really know, but when i plug it in it doesn't do anything, only my keyboard works.

Message 3 of 8 (7,474 Views)

Hero

And you have no problem with other games ?

Did you try a different USB port ?

Did you try going to the settings and make sure the controller is recognized there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (7,472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have had no control problems as such BUT I have had issues with the tutorial controls as it seems to insist on giving me the keyboard controls if I have touched the keyboard or mouse at any point. The game doesn't seem to be able to adjust between giving pad and keyboard controls with any fluency. It defaults to keyboard even if you're using pad, but gives the pad controls only when you press the correct button. It needs a tweak I think. Other than that it's fine. I use a wireless pad and receiver. Have you tried changing the driver to the 2016 rather than 2009 version via Device Manager / Update Driver / Search on computer for a list of drivers / Xbox 360 Peripherals. That seems to fix some games. I guess the wired drivers have different releases like the wireless ones. Latest is the greatest in that instance.

Message 5 of 8 (7,045 Views)

Community Manager

@Captain_Lump Thanks for the extra info. Normally the 360 pad controls just work out of the box, and I haven't noticed any weird behaviour with Unravel. 

However when things are acting oddly/inconsistently another factor can be other peripherals/peripheral software. If it's relevant/an option, you could try removing other peripherals/relevant software before trying out the pad.

Cheers. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 8 (7,016 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Message 7 of 8 (3,937 Views)

EA DICE Team

I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Unravel please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic

Message 8 of 8 (3,629 Views)