Re: unravel asking for code

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

unravel asking for code

★★ Novice

I have just started an Origin account to try out before buying and downloaded an Unravel trial.  It completed and now is asking for an activation code before I can use it?  Where / how do I get this, do I need it for a trial?  If this is the sort of problems you get each time, not sure I will bother!

Message 1 of 8 (3,681 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

deleted original and downloaded again worked this time, hopefully a one off.  If it happenes again I wont bother anymore.  cheers

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (4,556 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Portie999 Thank you for the post. This sort of thing normally happens if there's an account mixup and you're trying to play on an account which doesn't have the game. Can you check the Origin library and see if the trial is there? If not, grab the trial from the store then try to launch it again. 

I hope this helps clear things up, be sure to let us know how you get on. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (3,665 Views)

★★ Novice

It is in my game library.  I have downloaded from the link and when i doubleclick the icon on the desktop that the download added it asks for the activation code.

Message 3 of 8 (3,658 Views)

Community Manager

Can you check in Origin itself? Don't use the desktop icon to launch the game, but start Origin first and launch the game from its library.

unravel.PNG

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 8 (3,652 Views)

★★ Novice

In Origin it asks me to download it again.  On my hard drive I have the install it done?  I dont want to have to download it again.  I have tried the exe file and that asks for the code.  When I explored the files i found the tiral.exe file.  When i run this it says trial not installed?  What did I spend ages downloading?

Message 5 of 8 (3,641 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

I'm not sure, that certainly doesn't seem like standard behavior. You can try right-clicking the game in Origin and see if you have the option to repair the game. If so, this should get you back up and running. If it fails, and uninstall and reinstall is probably the best way forward. 

Just so I'm clear, can I check where you installed from in the first place? 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 8 (3,634 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

In origin.  I added the game to my game library and then downloaded it.  It created an icon on my desktop and that is what i am trying to run and it asks for the code.  I dont have an option to repair.  The problem is with a slow download speed it takes so long to download these games and if this is the sort of issue I will have, I not sure this is a long term solution for me to subscribe.

Message 7 of 8 (3,609 Views)

★★ Novice

deleted original and downloaded again worked this time, hopefully a one off.  If it happenes again I wont bother anymore.  cheers

Message 8 of 8 (4,557 Views)