screen is compressed af

by Pixel-lightart

Original Post

Accepted Solution

screen is compressed af

★★ Novice

When I open up Unravel, I notice a pixelated dot at the bottom right and then the EA logo badly badly compressed, like I could be playing a DOS game. Then some text appears that is unreadable.  After that it says new game while the screen is still compressed and I can't move anything. 

If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know! I really want to play this and I hope it doesn't ruin my game.

Message 1 of 6 (631 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: screen is compressed af

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Pixel-lightart Can you start up the game? Even with low resolution you should be able to get to the menus. Start a new game then pause it (esc on the keyboard).

Choose Graphics (the 4th option down) then choose Resolution (the 5th option) and increase the resolution. 

Press down then enter to Apply the change and keep trying until you find the right resolution for you. If the screen goes black just wait for a few seconds and it should revert. 

If this has no effect, can you try updating your drivers?

https://help.ea.com/uk/article/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (676 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Pixel-lightart Can you start up the game? Even with low resolution you should be able to get to the menus. Start a new game then pause it (esc on the keyboard).

Choose Graphics (the 4th option down) then choose Resolution (the 5th option) and increase the resolution. 

Press down then enter to Apply the change and keep trying until you find the right resolution for you. If the screen goes black just wait for a few seconds and it should revert. 

If this has no effect, can you try updating your drivers?

https://help.ea.com/uk/article/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (677 Views)

★★ Novice

I pressed Alt&Enter a few times and opened it and closed it a few more times, but it's not letting me go to window mode. Do you think I need to redeem my code? I never got a code from the game. I'm sorry if I'm being complected, I'm a confused human. 

Message 3 of 6 (600 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Pixel-lightart Hey, sorry for the initial message. I typed it before I remembered that this particular command doesn't work for this game. 

I updated the message with more steps. Can you start the game and get to the menu?

As for the code, if it's starting it sounds like you don't need to worry about it. 

If a game is bought through Origin it automatically is applied to the account in question, there's no need to redeem a code. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 6 (589 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much, EA David! It fixed the problem, everything is clear now. Thank you again!

Message 5 of 6 (578 Views)

Community Manager

Good stuff, thanks for coming back with the confirmation. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 6 (573 Views)