Unravel

by LazyT0ad

Original Post

Re: Unravel

★★★★★ Novice

The drivers you got and I got is the exact same, just a bug fix in the .75 once, if you had thunderbolt connection in your PC, you get a it's safe to remove your graphics card, which is why I didn't bother with the update. But I did now, but no difference. Still just a blinking dot in the corner with the music playing.

Message 11 of 32 (1,434 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Could it be, that you run a Windows N-version. I too only have the white blinking dot Frown

Message 12 of 32 (1,429 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm not entirely sure how I figure out if I have the N edition of Windows.

http://prntscr.com/a0bfhp Don't know if you can see it from this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_editions#N_and_KN_Editions

As I understand, it don't include Windows Media Player? If that is the case, I have Windows Media Player on my system. It also says that it's for the European Union as well as Switzerland and South Korea. I live in Norway, which isn't in the EU, nor listed as one of the two countries, so I'm not sure. But seems like I got a normal Windows 10 Pro, as WMP is included.

You also get music playing when the dot is blinking? Mine loads up really fast, like a second, then it starts blinking, and playing music.

Message 13 of 32 (1,420 Views)

Hero

If you had the N version, it would say so in your DxDiag which it doesn't.

So, @Neutrosider could you post your DxDiag too so we can go search for common factors ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 32 (1,414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Correct, the N-Versions of Windows are missing some features, and the Windows media player. These Features can be important to some programs and games (for example Nvidia shadowplay and GTA V need them). Fortunatly, microsoft has a so called Media-Feature-pack, which one can install to get all the features the non-n version has. after installing this pack, it's basically the same as the non-N version.

if you haven't installed the media-feature-pack yourself, but have the windows media player, you definitly have the non-N version.

I myself have Windows 10 Pro N (i'm german), and the media feature pack has solved issues for me in the past, but my current installation seems to be broken (can't play GTA V or use nvidia shadow-play, but i used to be able to). I'll need to reinstall windows 10 in the near future, solely because of my broken media-feature-pack installation.. But because you do not have the N-version, we can assume that this is not the problem, wich is bad news for you (as you still have no fix) and good news for me (as the problem is not with the N-Version)

Message 15 of 32 (1,412 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

My DxDiag.txt is attached

Message 16 of 32 (1,410 Views)

Hero

Hm, don't see anything at first glance.

I'm unsure if you can play offline with the trial version but maybe you could both try that ? Put Origin in offline mode and then try start the game. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 32 (1,397 Views)

Hero

Considering you are both stuck on the same amount of memory I will guess it might be a memory leak issue. If you are up for it you can try downloading the tiny .exe RAMMAP and see in detail what uses memory where:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/ff700229.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

it might help me locate the issue and perhaps find a workaround and if not then it might help the developers fix it Standard smile

carbonic signature

Message 18 of 32 (1,388 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i had *load of stuff open in the background, so i rebooted. didn't change a thing. in offline mode, it didn't even allow me to start the game. I tried disabling the origin-ingame-overlay-thing, but origin seems to ignore that i turned it off. I also tried using only one screen, and i tried a different screen, but i always got the same result. after the reboot, and while having the game open i saved the rammap. i'll try to attach it here, but i'm not sure if it is ok to attach nearly 200MB attaching didn't work, i uploaded it here: http://dev.wtf/HEIKO.RMP

Message 19 of 32 (1,370 Views)

Hero

I know your issue is different from the ones where the game is crashing but it might be worth updating/removing the K-Lite Codec Pack if you have that.

Maybe just different symptoms of the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 32 (1,360 Views)