Unravel

by LazyT0ad

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unravel

★★★★★ Novice

Hey.

I got this issue in Unravel. When I start up the game, all I get this this blinking white dot in the corner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMz6o6OoDWA

This thing? Any solutions for it? It loads up to 1536MB memory and stops there and just stays on this screen forever, or as long as I bothered watching it.

My specs are

Windows 10 64 bit

Intel i7 2600k

Nvidia GTX Titan

16gb RAM.

DXDiag in attachments if needed.

Message 1 of 32 (2,471 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unravel

★★★★★ Novice

THAT DID IT!

I installed the k-lite codec pack 11.9.0, and now the game seems to work just fine!

btw, be careful when installing the codec pack, if you don't decline on two of the installer-pages, it'll install some toolbar-stuff no one wants

View in thread

Message 29 of 32 (2,900 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Do you have any programs running in the background that could be interfering ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 32 (2,432 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I restarted my computer and made sure it wasn't running anything, but no difference. The music players, it gets to 1536mb +-10 loaded in memory, and just stands there looking annoying and playing teasing music.

Message 3 of 32 (2,428 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you try a clean boot and starting the game as administrator ?

EDIT. Just saw that you run one of your monitors on 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (59Hz) . Can you try changing that to 1920x1080.

I changed the game to that resolution earlier and got a black screen on that too. So maybe that is not supported. It might not be the problem but worth a shot.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 32 (2,424 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Changed my resolution. Turned my monitors off. tried to run it on the 1920x1200 in 1080 as well, as well as my other screens. Nothing changed.

Restarted the computer, ran it as admin, but it's still just a white dot blinking, over and over. I don't actually get a black screen tho. If you look in the corner on the video, you can see the white dot, blinking and blinking, and never stopping.

I've also uninstalled the game, reinstalled, it, uninstalled it again, installed it to another drive. And still same outcome.

Message 5 of 32 (2,409 Views)

Hero

Yeah, seems like something is keeping it from loading fully. 

Bit out of ideas atm and it's bed time for me.

Maybe someone else has an idea.

I'll check back tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 32 (2,403 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for trying at least, and sleep well.

Message 7 of 32 (2,398 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've updated my graphics drivers and the date they show are Jan 27th so seems there's newer ones then yours

Can you try updating ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 32 (2,384 Views)

Hero

Is this your first time starting up the game or have you successfully started it before?

carbonic signature

Message 9 of 32 (2,372 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is the furthest I get, the first time, or 8th time I try. So no, never gotten to start it properly.

Message 10 of 32 (2,363 Views)