Unravel won't launch on Windows 10

by swampy197728

Original Post

Re: Unravel won't launch on Windows 10

★★ Novice

SO fun fact, two years later, this exact issue is still ongoing for some people who just purchased the game. What I'm seeing as an issue is that the game is attempting to activate through EA using that .exe file, incapable of resolving the EA account associated with Origin, and immediately kicks you back out before the game can load. The way I discovered this? I completely removed my internet connectivity options and quite suddenly the activation window actually APPEARED and asked me to LOG IN to verify activation of the game. Given that I had no internet capabilities on that clean boot run I couldn't.

Returning internet capabilities and now the activation window doesn't even appear, and the same results happen. So. There's a different underlying issue here beyond windows and updates.

Message 11 of 12 (2,220 Views)

Re: Unravel won't launch on Windows 10

@terrakat

Well, you shouldn't see a activation window at all.

The activation is normally preformed by Origin in the background, you only see this window in offline mode because the data that confirms the activation is not there.

Try to clear your Origin cache.
All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

- close Origin completely. (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
    - Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
    - Type or copy  "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) > hit ENTER
    - Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder. (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)

- Delete the "Unravel" folder in the "LocalContent" folder.
    - Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
    - Type or copy "%AppData%" (without quotes)  > hit ENTER
    - Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder
    - Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder
    - In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on the word "AppData".
    - Open the "Local" folder
    - Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder
    - Restart your PC. > test

If that don't helps, create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply.

If you use Windows 7 also go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for the game you have trouble with.

If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable, copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.

Perf.png

You can attach the DxDiag text file you created (and the “Reliability monitor” text file as well) to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 12 of 12 (2,203 Views)