Re: Unravel won't lauch,shows only a black screen

by kap0wi

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I had this same issue and it took me 2 hours to figure out how to fix it. My problem was the resolution for Unravel was too large for my monitor. In order to fix this I had to do a bit of work.

The first thing I did was I right clicked on the desktop shortcut for Unravel > Properties > Compatibility > Checked the box that said " Run this program in compatibility mode for:" > Selected windows 8.

Next, I went to Origin > Right click Unravel > Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options > Command Line Arguments > "640x480". I did this so I could change the resolution of the game. Once the game opened (successfully) it was super tiny and hard to read. From there I pressed "esc" on my keyboard went to graphics, then changed the resolution to the resolution of my computer screen. And then it was fixed! Hope this helps : )

* After you adjust the resolution in game, you can go back to the Command Line Arguments and remove the text (it won't change anything but you can remove it if you want).

Message 11 of 16 (3,888 Views)

★★ Novice
Uzut3kis solved the issue for me with the K-Lite codec pack.
Message 12 of 16 (2,928 Views)

Community Manager

@kap0wi Great to hear that you got it working, enjoy the game. 

Darko.png
Message 13 of 16 (2,912 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem

Message 14 of 16 (2,719 Views)

★ Novice

This actually fixed the problem for all my games doing this once and for all. Seems like a serious problem with that function. 

Message 15 of 16 (1,036 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You're a bloody wizard. This worked

Message 16 of 16 (557 Views)