Re: UNRAVEL - NO SOUND AT ALL

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

UNRAVEL - NO SOUND AT ALL

★★★★★ Novice

Greetings, EA Answers HQ community.

Since the first time I started Unravel on Windows 10 (Origin client, of course), the game ran all muted: no sound, no fx, no music. The only sound it plays is from the opening CGI video.

One think I noticed is that the game always start with it's sound settings volume (2 of the 3 parameters) set all the way to the left (mute). Although nothing happens if I set them to the max volume, it continues with no sound and then next time the game is opened, it resets the sound settings.

I'm using a GTX-970 videocard a Creative PCI Sound Blaster Audigy SE soundcard.

Thank you very much!

Message 1 of 10 (7,284 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

@8armar wrote:

did anyone find a solution to this? i have the exact same problem...  =(

Hello there, my dear friend!

I'm the original poster and I did find a solution (at least for my case). I should had posted here when I fixed my problem. Sorry for that. Frown

Well, I tried many things like changing the sound frequency and mixing the audio settings. What did solve the issue was to reinstall my sound card driver.

Worked as a dime! Wink

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (8,640 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@rosefildo That's odd, I haven't seen anything similar to this before. Do you have any other games with sound issues?

Sound drivers don't come up as the source of many issues, but it might be worth checking the Creative website for W10 drivers for your card?

Also, Do you use multiple outputs for your sound? I have had issues in the past when swapping between headphones and speakers. However the fact that the video output works fine suggests that this isn't a factor. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 10 (7,249 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, David!

I also have my onboard sound card and a DAC enabled in my system.

This is the only game on my computer that acts this way (other Origin games works flawlessly as well).

I think my sound card has the latest drivers installed, but it's worth checking that out.

Well, that's it. Any thoughts?

Thank you very much!

Message 3 of 10 (7,246 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hmm, I'm not hugely familiar with sound issues, but I wonder if the mixer will help with finding the issue. 

With the game launched try tabbing to desktop, then click the speaker icon in the bottom left. If you right-click and choose mixer it should list the various sound channels, can you try looking for unravel and see if that's set to give a particular output. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 10 (7,239 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Message 5 of 10 (7,129 Views)

Community Manager

@8armar Hi, can I check if your mixer indicates that the game sound should be running? You can check if using the steps above. 

Note that there may be a small arrow next to your sound device in the mixer menu, to indicate multiple devices. I wonder if the game is trying to use a different device for its output. 

Thanks, I hope this helps to move things in the right direction.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 10 (7,115 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@8armar wrote:

Hello there, my dear friend!

I'm the original poster and I did find a solution (at least for my case). I should had posted here when I fixed my problem. Sorry for that. Frown

Well, I tried many things like changing the sound frequency and mixing the audio settings. What did solve the issue was to reinstall my sound card driver.

Worked as a dime! Wink

Message 7 of 10 (8,641 Views)

Community Manager

Ah, excellent, thanks for the extra info @rosefildo 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 10 (7,106 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Solution for me eas to repair game files in origin
Message 9 of 10 (6,828 Views)