Freesync Support

by diyuser

Original Post

Freesync Support

★★★ Novice

Hi,

Wondering if it is possible to add Freesync support? I'm currently using Asus MG279Q.

Thx!

Message 1 of 4 (959 Views)

Re: Freesync Support

Hero

FreeSync requires a supported monitor and driver. It has nothing to do with the game as far as I know as long as you don't run it in windowed mode which isn't possible in this game.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 4 (952 Views)

★★★ Novice

My monitor is freesync capable and I'm using 290x graphics card with latest driver 16.1.1. And yes it got something to do with the game and the game engine as well. you can google more about Unity exclusive fullscreen for more information. It requires game to implement a true exclusive fullscreen mode or else it won't work as freesync isn't yet supported in windowed mode borderless or not. 

Message 3 of 4 (947 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

The game is only running in exclusive fullscreen which is the problem for some of the other people on this forum. I don't see the reason to look at the Unity engine's implementation as Unravel doesn't even run on the Unity engine.The game uses the PhyreEngine which doesn't have many prominent titles on PC so I think it's more plausible that this is a driver issue than a game issue. I would contact AMD about the issue in any case to get their perspective on it - I don't think you are right on this but if you are then contacting AMD about it wont hurt.

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 4 (941 Views)