[solved] Unravel2 crashes constantly on level7 (PS4)

by shiro0shika

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[solved] Unravel2 crashes constantly on level7 (PS4)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hello

the game keeps crashing on PS4 every time we reach the pulley and gears part, immediately after the water wheel activation in the beginning of stage 7.

we tried playing it as one character (pressing triangle to join up) as two characters, changed their colors and shapes, and tried doing anything else to go through the area. every time the game freezes completely, music stops, and the PS4 restarts automatically.

two times the PS4 froze completely and i had to unplug it from the power source.

when the PS4 boots back up it tells us there was a problem, and if we want to send a report or not.

when we try to go back to the same stage, the system remembers our last check point, immediately before the pulley, but we can't progress any further.

is there any way to get through this part on the PS4?

Message 1 of 3 (1,914 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unravel2 crashes constantly on level7 (PS4)

★★★ Newbie
replying to myself with a solution:
after contacting EA help, they sent me instructions to delete the game data and download it again, or delete my saved game and start a new game, but i didn't want to do that and lose all progress (it's the last stage!)
so i tried to mess around with the options inside the game and i think i found a combination that works:
1- disable Game Assists completely (slow mo mode never worked for me anyway??)

2- Disable usage information reports inside the game (i forget what it's called exactly, it's an option to send the developer information on your gameplay, i think it's labeled "network connection" or something)

3- i don't know if it contributed to resolving the bug but i played as a single player. player 2 only logged on and took control of the other character only after the next check point.

i hope this helps whoever stumbles on this bug like i did, and if anyone finds another solution please post it here for future reference, as it seems there are no conversations or solutions on the internet about this exact bug!

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,887 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
replying to myself with a solution:
after contacting EA help, they sent me instructions to delete the game data and download it again, or delete my saved game and start a new game, but i didn't want to do that and lose all progress (it's the last stage!)
so i tried to mess around with the options inside the game and i think i found a combination that works:
1- disable Game Assists completely (slow mo mode never worked for me anyway??)

2- Disable usage information reports inside the game (i forget what it's called exactly, it's an option to send the developer information on your gameplay, i think it's labeled "network connection" or something)

3- i don't know if it contributed to resolving the bug but i played as a single player. player 2 only logged on and took control of the other character only after the next check point.

i hope this helps whoever stumbles on this bug like i did, and if anyone finds another solution please post it here for future reference, as it seems there are no conversations or solutions on the internet about this exact bug!
Message 2 of 3 (1,888 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i tried al the above without success . only thing worked for me was use a standard PS4 , not a PS4 pro

Message 3 of 3 (804 Views)