Re: Unravel Two shows blank and not responding when starting

by EA_Arrenai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unravel Two shows blank and not responding when starting

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi

First of all I'm sorry if this kind of posts gets annoying, but I've tried many many things and still couldn't solve the problem.
As the title says, when I start Unravel Two, it just shows blank and soon the window becomes 'not responding'.
I had been able to play it just fine the last 2 days (since I bought it).
What happened before the problem started is 1, Origin updated, and 2, I tried using x360ce on the game.

After I discovered the game won't start, I've already removed all the files from x360ce to uninstall it.

Here are what I've tried so far:

- Reinstall the game

- Deleting the save and launch the reinstalled game (with cloud save sync disabled)

- Run both Origin and the game as admin

- Update graphics card driver

- Recovering the C drive using a system image backup I made just a few hours ago (yes)

And unfortunately none of the above helped.

I've installed all Windows updates for Windows 10 1803

Can anyone suggest what I can do to fix it? I really like the game so far and would love to play more of it.

I'm also sure that my laptop meets the minimum system requirement of the game.

Laptop specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB GDDR5)

RAM: 16GB

Windows 10 1803

Message 1 of 3 (1,351 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Ok I solved it!

It turns out my audio driver wasn't working all this time and I didn't realise it. So I reinstalled the audio driver the game works again finally.
On a side note, I have K-LIte Codec Pack installed, and the 'LAV Audio Decoder' that comes with it could be what caused the problem (because of the faulty audio driver) in the first place.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,334 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Ok I solved it!

It turns out my audio driver wasn't working all this time and I didn't realise it. So I reinstalled the audio driver the game works again finally.
On a side note, I have K-LIte Codec Pack installed, and the 'LAV Audio Decoder' that comes with it could be what caused the problem (because of the faulty audio driver) in the first place.

Message 2 of 3 (1,335 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

That's great to hear, @Steve_Glowplunk. Standard smile Thanks for the information.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 3 of 3 (1,319 Views)