Re: Unravel Two gamepad support

by ExecMo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unravel Two gamepad support

★★ Novice

Hi,

I am using Speedlink controller + xbox360CE the latest version. It works perfectly in every game (Steam, Origin,..). Even in Unravel 1. But it doesn't work in Unravel Two. Has anybody an idea what to do? I tried update xbox360ce and change usb port. Thank you for your support.

Message 1 of 10 (13,284 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Guide

@ExecMo

Not much, but maybe some app is catching the exclusive mode before InputMapper can do?

Normally you just install InputMapper. If you need it, just start the app on the desktop. If necessary let the app through the firewall because it loads various profiles for many gamepads from an online server. It will when start the TSR task in the upper right corner (near the clock). See gampead icon in the yellow box in my screenshot.

Open it up per double-click and check your gamepad profile (red box in screenshot). For me it found the Dual Shock 4 PS Controller and automatically added it. Maybe you have to add your own profile for your controller if the ap pdoesn't recognized your controller type. If you double-click the profile you then can set up your keymapping, macros, stuf like that - also if InputMapper should emulate a whole XBOX 360 controller or only XInput.

Under Tools (green box in screenshot) you can open the Device Manager and see if the emulated XBO360 controller is there. You can also start an XInput Test to check if your controller is reacting how it should on the keys.

That is all. As long as the TSR task is running, the gampead is emulated accordingly to your settings. Just close it to stop emulation. No need to do more.

Fo me InputMapper complains about not getting the Exclusive Mode in Windows 10 because another program already caught it. But it is not absolutely necessary. Depending on the game you can just ignore it, or you can uncheck the option box under Settings (see blue box in my screenshot) to stop InputMapper complaining, or you close any application that might catch the Exclusive Mode on your controller (Origin Webhelper or Steam Bootstrapper are two of them normally be found in the Autostart of Win10) and reopen InputMapper so it can get the Exclusive Mode.

Maybe play a little bit with these options to find the best setup for your controller and the game.

Hope this helps - let me know Standard smile

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (13,218 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Hi @ExecMo

Does each of them work individually ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (13,266 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

do you mean usb ports? Everything work perfectly. That's the problem. Ports, controller, software, games.. I've never had a problem like this. Thank you

Message 3 of 10 (13,258 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@ExecMo

Maybe 360CE isn't sufficient here to emulate the XInput for your Speed Controller. Since it is just an emulator, it is not guaranteed it will work for every game.

You should try out another XInput emulator. I would suggest InputMapper (it was formerly known as DS4Input):

https://inputmapper.com/downloads/inputmapper-1-5/category/2-input-mapper

InputMapper does not need you to place any files in the game directory like 360CE does - that is why  I prefer this emulator.

Just don't let InputMapper start with Windows, because it sometimes fights with the integrated controller support of Steam to get the exclusive access rights for the controller. Just start the service manually when you need it.

Let us know if that worked for you Standard smile

Best luck.

Message 4 of 10 (13,252 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you very much, I'll let you know Standard smile

Message 5 of 10 (13,246 Views)

★★ Novice

I started InputMapper but I don't know if I have to set something, create profile or something. Could you help? Thank you

Message 6 of 10 (13,236 Views)

Hero
I read the title wrong. Don't mind me ... Can't really help you so hopefully someone else can.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (13,225 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@ExecMo

Not much, but maybe some app is catching the exclusive mode before InputMapper can do?

Normally you just install InputMapper. If you need it, just start the app on the desktop. If necessary let the app through the firewall because it loads various profiles for many gamepads from an online server. It will when start the TSR task in the upper right corner (near the clock). See gampead icon in the yellow box in my screenshot.

Open it up per double-click and check your gamepad profile (red box in screenshot). For me it found the Dual Shock 4 PS Controller and automatically added it. Maybe you have to add your own profile for your controller if the ap pdoesn't recognized your controller type. If you double-click the profile you then can set up your keymapping, macros, stuf like that - also if InputMapper should emulate a whole XBOX 360 controller or only XInput.

Under Tools (green box in screenshot) you can open the Device Manager and see if the emulated XBO360 controller is there. You can also start an XInput Test to check if your controller is reacting how it should on the keys.

That is all. As long as the TSR task is running, the gampead is emulated accordingly to your settings. Just close it to stop emulation. No need to do more.

Fo me InputMapper complains about not getting the Exclusive Mode in Windows 10 because another program already caught it. But it is not absolutely necessary. Depending on the game you can just ignore it, or you can uncheck the option box under Settings (see blue box in my screenshot) to stop InputMapper complaining, or you close any application that might catch the Exclusive Mode on your controller (Origin Webhelper or Steam Bootstrapper are two of them normally be found in the Autostart of Win10) and reopen InputMapper so it can get the Exclusive Mode.

Maybe play a little bit with these options to find the best setup for your controller and the game.

Hope this helps - let me know Standard smile

Message 8 of 10 (13,219 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

in device manager there is my controller and it works properly. But XInput test window shows "not connected" so I guess there is a problem with my controller.

I'll buy a better one so thank you for your advices and have a great day :eahigh_file:

Message 9 of 10 (13,200 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@ExecMo

That is sad to hear, but replacing the controller with a newer one will definitively solve it.

I would suggest an XBox One controller, Playstation Dual Shock 4 (like I do) or the Steam controller. They all work quite well in these days.

It was a pleasure helping you out anyway Standard smile

Have a good time.

Message 10 of 10 (13,187 Views)