Unravel Two and xbox360ce controller

by lunarokz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unravel Two and xbox360ce controller

★ Apprentice

Unravel Two is not registering my controller through xbox360ce. I tried it in the trial Unravel Two and it didn't work. I purchased the full version and it didn't work. I also tried it in Unravel and it worked there with no problem. I tried changing xinput1_3.dll to the different versions as stated by xbox360ce and it didn't work. It woks in the xbox360ce app so it registers the controller, but the game isn't accepting the input. I can only use the keyboard. Does it support Xbox 360 controllers? If so, any help would be appreciated on why it doesn't work with xbox360ce.

Message 1 of 4 (17,578 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unravel Two and xbox360ce controller

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Thank you for your reply. I am using the 64 bit version. I had not started as administrator, but I did and it didn’t fix it.

I also repaired the game and it didn’t work. You did help me start the journey to the solution and I am giving details so people can find their solutions here in the future.

Scroll to bottom for only the solution, but not the troubleshooting process.

I did notice that starting as admin for xbox360ce applications in the game settings tab, all xinputs were selected and a sync option was available I didn’t notice before. I tried it and it created all the xinput files. I started the game to see if the controller worked and it did. So I went back and deleted all xinputs but one and synced until I found that the xinput that works if synced under admin is xinput9_1_0.dll. So one of my controllers worked!

However, I was only able to use one controller even though both controllers are the same and showed in xbox360ce. I combined them as per xbox360ce website, just incase, but they didn’t work. I tried it under administration for both xbox360ce and Steam.  Then I uncombined them. Repaired the game again. It didn’t work. Then I generated all the xinput files from xbox360ce through admin again and both controllers worked. I went ahead and tried combinations of the other xinputs and xinput9_1_0.dll. I found that xinput1_3.dll and xinput9_1_0.dll allowed both controllers to work.

Conclusion: In my case xinput1_3.dll by itself won’t work for me for any controller. xinput9_1_0.dll works for one controller, only if it has been generated through xbox360ce application in the game settings tab and synced. It won’t work if just renamed like the xbox360ce website stated. And for two controllers, I need xinput9_1_0.dll and xinput1_3.dll.

SolutionGenerate an xinput9_1_0.dll file through the x360ce_x64 application, under Game Settings tab, in addition to the xinput1_3.dll generated at start up and sync if given option. That way one or two controllers can be used with no issues.

Note: Sometimes the xinputs don’t sync. Delete both xinputs, start x360ce_x64 application and under the Game Settings tab the sync option appears at the bottom. Select sync  and both xinputs with be generated and updated. It always worked that way. Tried several times to make sure. All controller issues I found were the fault of inproper xbox360ce setup. No game changes ever changed anything at all, it was always xbox360ce. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (17,790 Views)

All Replies

@lunarokz

Do you use the 64 bit version of "xbox360ce"?

Do you run "xbox360ce" as an administrator?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 4 (17,548 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Thank you for your reply. I am using the 64 bit version. I had not started as administrator, but I did and it didn’t fix it.

I also repaired the game and it didn’t work. You did help me start the journey to the solution and I am giving details so people can find their solutions here in the future.

Scroll to bottom for only the solution, but not the troubleshooting process.

I did notice that starting as admin for xbox360ce applications in the game settings tab, all xinputs were selected and a sync option was available I didn’t notice before. I tried it and it created all the xinput files. I started the game to see if the controller worked and it did. So I went back and deleted all xinputs but one and synced until I found that the xinput that works if synced under admin is xinput9_1_0.dll. So one of my controllers worked!

However, I was only able to use one controller even though both controllers are the same and showed in xbox360ce. I combined them as per xbox360ce website, just incase, but they didn’t work. I tried it under administration for both xbox360ce and Steam.  Then I uncombined them. Repaired the game again. It didn’t work. Then I generated all the xinput files from xbox360ce through admin again and both controllers worked. I went ahead and tried combinations of the other xinputs and xinput9_1_0.dll. I found that xinput1_3.dll and xinput9_1_0.dll allowed both controllers to work.

Conclusion: In my case xinput1_3.dll by itself won’t work for me for any controller. xinput9_1_0.dll works for one controller, only if it has been generated through xbox360ce application in the game settings tab and synced. It won’t work if just renamed like the xbox360ce website stated. And for two controllers, I need xinput9_1_0.dll and xinput1_3.dll.

SolutionGenerate an xinput9_1_0.dll file through the x360ce_x64 application, under Game Settings tab, in addition to the xinput1_3.dll generated at start up and sync if given option. That way one or two controllers can be used with no issues.

Note: Sometimes the xinputs don’t sync. Delete both xinputs, start x360ce_x64 application and under the Game Settings tab the sync option appears at the bottom. Select sync  and both xinputs with be generated and updated. It always worked that way. Tried several times to make sure. All controller issues I found were the fault of inproper xbox360ce setup. No game changes ever changed anything at all, it was always xbox360ce. 

Message 3 of 4 (17,791 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I had a problem with cheap gamepad without Xinput too. I made i work finally. There is easy video guide Wink. Good luck.

https://youtu.be/HGeSRp-G1mM

Message 4 of 4 (16,477 Views)