Re: No onscreen tutorials

by catsfiddle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No onscreen tutorials

★★ Novice

I am not getting any onscreen prompts regarding controls. Some checkpoints can only be passed by responding to onscreen prompts, so this is a problem. Yes I have gone into game options and everything is turned to on.

Thank you for your help!

Message 1 of 7 (2,421 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★ Novice
Thank you from the response!

I repaired it through Origin

I was having the problem when attempting to play single player with a keyboard and with a controller. The tutorials magically started appearing last night and the only thing that was different was it was the first time I had launched the game with two controllers already attached, however that could have also been coincidental..

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (2,588 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I just verified my game files and checked for updates, so it's not a problem there.

To be more specific, I can't get past the part when there should be an on screen prompt to hit the "hint" button. I have tried hitting the hint button and nothing happens.

Message 2 of 7 (2,414 Views)

★★ Novice

So I was able to get past this part and continue with the game by looking up what buttons I would have to hit if I could see the hint. I hit the 'F' button to "see" the hint, then I hit the '1' button repeatedly to scroll through the hints I couldn't see. 

This allowed me to pass the check point, however doesn't really resolve the issue...

Message 3 of 7 (2,409 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @catsfiddle,

Thanks for letting us know and sharing your workaround.

From your last message I guess you are playing on PC - do you have any controllers connected to the PC, as well as the keyboard?
Also, when you mention you verified the game files - did you repair the game through Origin or reinstall it?

Thanks again for the information!
-Mai
Message 4 of 7 (2,356 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
Thank you from the response!

I repaired it through Origin

I was having the problem when attempting to play single player with a keyboard and with a controller. The tutorials magically started appearing last night and the only thing that was different was it was the first time I had launched the game with two controllers already attached, however that could have also been coincidental..
Message 5 of 7 (2,589 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @catsfiddle,

Checking with you as it's been a couple days since you let us know the tutorials started appearing. If you have had the chance to play more, has it being showing you the tips as expected since then?

Cheers,
-Mai
Message 6 of 7 (2,317 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I was having the exact same problem and it turned out to be having the game on windowed mode and pressing alt + enter to turn it into Fullscreen. Somehow this caused the game to cut out the bottom part of the screen, where the hints are. After setting window to off in the settings, it worked for me.

Message 7 of 7 (303 Views)