Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Local Co-op not working with steamlink

by masni_suratin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Local Co-op not working with steamlink

★★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I am running the game via steamlink, and I have one steam controller and 1 xbox controller connected. The issue is that the game will not go into local co-op mode? Both controllers work in the game, but for some reason, there is no add 2nd player option nor will the game go into co-op mode. The only thing that happens is that one controller works, and the other then also works, but for some reason the co-op bit (both controller working) is not working?

Message 1 of 2 (352 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Local Co-op not working with steamlink

Community Manager

Hey there, @masni_suratin.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty accessing local co-op with a steam controller. Unfortunately, while the game may work with the controller in general, especially with community-sourced control schemes, the steam controller is unsupported for Origin games and that may be why it doesn't recognize it as there being two devices. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? High five Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (299 Views)

All Replies

Re: Local Co-op not working with steamlink

Community Manager

Hey there, @masni_suratin.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty accessing local co-op with a steam controller. Unfortunately, while the game may work with the controller in general, especially with community-sourced control schemes, the steam controller is unsupported for Origin games and that may be why it doesn't recognize it as there being two devices. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? High five Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 2 of 2 (300 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help