Re: Any chance of a non SSE patch?

by KSIjjolaiBT

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Any chance of a non SSE patch?

★ Novice

According to what I've read in the forums for the past couple of days, the problem that most of us have with the initial cutscene (or in the case of a savegame from a later point in the game) when UnravelTwo.exe just stops working, is the lack of SSE 4.1 and 4.2 instructions on our computers. 

Speaking strictly for myself, I have an Intel Core2Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz that only allows up to SSSE3, EM64T and VT-x instructions. Other than that, I have an ATI Radeon HD 7770 Black Edition (more akin to a "recommended" one, as per Unravel 2's requirements) and 6 GB RAM. My PC is more than capable of running the game in any other instance besides the SSE support problem. 

I'm saying this because nowhere in the minimum requirements was it specified that a PC with SSE 4.1 and 4.2 instructions support was needed, and I've had multiple games ask for a more powerful processor than the one I have, with no getting-it-to-run-properly issues besides this one. 

Is there any chance of having a patch that bypasses the need for SSE 4.1 and 4.2 instructions for those of us that have similar rigs to my own? (I've also heard that people with AMD Phenom II processors are having kind of a similar problem, so I know I'm not the only one). 

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Message 1 of 5 (3,870 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @Tomasin191,

Even if your computer meets the other requirements for the game, it's important to meet all of them. I understand this might seem not so important, but games are designed and tested to run under certain requirements, and that's why not meeting all of them can mean you have issues like the one you describe.

Keep in mind, we don't support the game on computers that don't meet the minimum requirements.

Unfortunately, if you don't have another computer in which to play, my recommendation would be taking a look to our Great Games Guarantee: https://help.ea.com/en-sg/help/origin/Origin/what-s-the-great-games-guarantee/ .

Cheers,
-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (4,070 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @Tomasin191,

Even if your computer meets the other requirements for the game, it's important to meet all of them. I understand this might seem not so important, but games are designed and tested to run under certain requirements, and that's why not meeting all of them can mean you have issues like the one you describe.

Keep in mind, we don't support the game on computers that don't meet the minimum requirements.

Unfortunately, if you don't have another computer in which to play, my recommendation would be taking a look to our Great Games Guarantee: https://help.ea.com/en-sg/help/origin/Origin/what-s-the-great-games-guarantee/ .

Cheers,
-Mai

Message 2 of 5 (4,071 Views)

★ Novice

You should patch this.

The sense of making games is selling them right?

SSE 4.1 is propably requiried for denuvo. But this game is already cracked, so why u won't support now Phenom cpu's? More people will buy it..

BTW: Dishonored 2 is patched. Now you can play on Phenom cpu's. So it is possible.

Message 3 of 5 (3,491 Views)

★ Novice
Mafia 3 patched too
Message 4 of 5 (3,467 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard patched too

Message 5 of 5 (3,025 Views)