Re: Stuttering issues on XBox One

by Dembire

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stuttering issues on XBox One

★★ Novice

On XBOX One, the game at times stutters badly, like pauses in the middle of moves or transitions etc...  ANy fix for this in the future?

Message 1 of 8 (54,644 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Try this. Reset the XB1 network card and clear the cache:

1. On the console, press and hold the Xbox button until the light behind it turns off (about 5 seconds), which means the console is off.
  2. After the console has shut down, unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds.
  3. Plug the console back in and turn it on using the Xbox button. Power cycling will reset the network card and clear the cache.
barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (57,901 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Try this. Reset the XB1 network card and clear the cache:

1. On the console, press and hold the Xbox button until the light behind it turns off (about 5 seconds), which means the console is off.
  2. After the console has shut down, unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds.
  3. Plug the console back in and turn it on using the Xbox button. Power cycling will reset the network card and clear the cache.
barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (57,902 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I will try that, it wont reset all my TV and cable box settings will it?

Message 3 of 8 (54,553 Views)

Community Manager

As far as I'm aware, it won't change any saved settings. This process would be like wiping the short-term memory, whereas your saved settings would be in long-term memory.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 8 (54,544 Views)

★★ Novice

FYI, this only fixed it for a couple days, it is back.  Is this the way it is supposed to work, have to do hard restart everytime?  I think something is wrong considering this doesn't happen on any other XBox One games I have.

Message 5 of 8 (54,511 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is an old post but for any one who reads this in the future, power cycling the console does not clear your xbox one, one s or one x cache. To clear your cache go to settings, network settings, advanced settings, alternate mac address and press clear. You will then see a Massage that reads "your console must restart to apply this change" and press restart. Your console will then restart clearing your cache.

Message 6 of 8 (47,210 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How i can fix this  baaaad gameplay on FIFA 19 damn i play in career mode OFFLINE and i just dont know what happen with this Gameplay its unplayable i cant believe it 

Message 7 of 8 (36,998 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the extra bit of advice. Going to try this now. The stuttering is awful

Message 8 of 8 (36,331 Views)