Re: Origin account.

by geezuz666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin account.

★★★ Newbie

Anyone else already have an Origin account before this game came out? Have any of you been a little peeved that you can't use a pre-existing Origin account and its essentially trying to force you to make a new Origin account to access anything online? I know I have this problem.

Message 1 of 16 (3,093 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

@clayn1

Those responses were a year old and most likely referring to a known issue at that time. I will lock this post from further discussion to make sure that new similar issues are picked up and the threads remain relevant.

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (1,625 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
Bump. What's up with that, seriously EA? Could we get SOME answer?
Message 2 of 16 (3,028 Views)

Community Manager

I am not following you guys completely here. Can you not just link your existing accont? http://help.ea.com/en/article/linking-your-gamertag-psn-id-or-ea-classic-screen-name/

Cheers,

Nils

Message 3 of 16 (3,016 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the answer!

Here's my issue. When prompted to enter an origin account upon starting up the game, I enter in my origin account name (the one I am using to log in to origin on my pc). The game then tells me (in a red error message under the text box where I entered my account name) that this origin account already exists.

Only option from there is to skip it with Beer. this is on xbox one.

I am not sure if I tried to enter my email address instead. I'll try that tomorrow.

Message 4 of 16 (3,009 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok I see the problem. When I check via the pc origin client what accounts are linked to my origin account it shows the psn one, but not the xbox one.

Big question is, how do I link it? Apparently can't do this via the ufc game - see my reply above.

Message 5 of 16 (3,008 Views)

★★ Novice

entering my email address does not work either. so how do I link the account then?

Message 6 of 16 (3,001 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

ok so I found this:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/How-do-i-link-Origin-with-my-Xbox-Live-Gamertag/td-p/2234/pag...

which basically tells me to do the following:

In order to link a gamertag or PSN ID to your Origin account, you need to do this:

1. Log in to your Origin account

2. Click Friends -> Add a friend in the menu bar

3. The pop-up will give you the option to connect to Facebook, XBOX Live or Playstation Network. Choose your preferred option

4. Fill in your log-in details and follow the steps on screen

You're good to go. If you are unable to connect, it could be a temporary issue with the servers. Try again later and if the issue persists for more than 24 hours, contact EA support.

Say what? but ok, I tried this. still does not work though. Tells me my origin account is already linked. But its not. Well it is to a psn account (for some unknown reason).

So what now? Seems to me this bunch of **bleep** is simply not working. Or can I only link PSN OR xbox live? But why is PSN linked to begin with. It's just f'ing annoying. Apparently the only solution is to pop in another ea game. So what I need to buy madden now just to log in to my account?

get your **bleep** together. I think I can reasonably expect this to work after buying ONE game, not many.

also, bleeping out c.r.a.p., really? I am saying that with my 2 year old about.

Message 7 of 16 (3,000 Views)

★★ Novice
Nothing huh. Must be really difficult to link an Xbox live account to origin.

Seriously wtf. Can't use any online features at all because of this garbage.

I guess it's time to spam every page everywhere warning people not to spent money on this if they want to play online.

Yeah I know but what else can I do considering how pathetic this is, including the responsiveness of ea staff for an issue as complicated and exotic such as "how to add a link to my xbox live account when I already have psn linked as well.

And yes, I will keep bumping this. I find this outrageous,
Message 8 of 16 (2,977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

First and foremost, Answers HQ is intended for we the players to give and receive help to and from other players.  Sometimes EA staff drop by and lend a hand, but for serious account related issues the best channel is and always will be to speak to a game advisor.   EA_Nils was kind enough to drop by and try to help but it seems that has not worked for you.   If in the event that you can not get help on Answers HQ,  then really you need to be using  https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ to speak to a game advisor - somebody who at the very least will have the required priveleges to look into your account for you.

Message 9 of 16 (2,971 Views)

★★ Novice
Huh. Well my bad then. I was not aware of that. My apologies, I shall try that. Thanks for specifying and posting the link.
Message 10 of 16 (2,965 Views)