Game Face automatically tries to load old game face and get's stuck

by ell_mc

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Face automatically tries to load old game face and get's stuck

★ Apprentice

Hello,

My problem seems to be identical to this previous post which was solved:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/UFC/Game-Face-automatically-tries-to-load-old-game-face-but-game/td-p/53515...

Likewise, when trying to create a new gameface, it seems as though it's trying to load my old gameface from years ago, I want this to be deleted and to create a new one from scratch.

Now i have had conversations with various ea support who say that they do not have the permissions to delete my old gameface. 

Can somebody please just delete it, or at least tell me who i can speak to who can delete it.

The link i have posted above was solved through here as someone was able to fix it.

This is a feature i would very much like to use. My gamertag is Fulvus Galbassi

Thank you

Message 1 of 3 (4,345 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Face automatically tries to load old game face and get's stuck

★ Apprentice

For any of you seeing this with the same problem, with your game face stuck on generating gameface, i actually found a solution myself.

After numerous conversations with EA, the bottom line is that they can't help. EA no longer offer support for gameface, which makes me ask why you still put them in games such as UFC 2. I'm guessing that will be the last of gameface though, which is a shame because its a good feature. 

But of course EA don't make any money on the gameface feature, which is all they're interested in at the end of the day, hence why i refuse to pay my own money to buy ultimate team packs on UFC and Fifa, making the whole system unjust. However at the end of the day, EA produce games of exceptional quality which is why each year we buy them, it's just a shame they don't value their loyal customers.

Anyway, onto the fix. It was a bit complicated and took a while through trial and error, but i got there in the end. I am using a mac and google chrome. Windows should be fine but you must be using chrome.

So my first problem was that i couldn't load my old gameface which i didnt actually want in the first place, i just wanted to delete it. So here i am stuck on a screen that just says "generating gameface". There was no delete or edit button in the background, if there was i still wouldnt be able to do anything it just got stuck with a blank 3d head model.

And then i spotted a little icon in the top right corner to the left of the star icon (i think). Im sorry i cant be very clear on this as it was all very rushed and i didnt take much notice because i didnt think it would work. Basically this button was telling me that the site was not secure so it couldnt load everything properly, so when i pressed it, it came up with a little pop up and i said yes thats fine and then it made it 'not secure'. So now somewhere in the HTTP bar there was red writing saying 'not secure'.

After reloading the page, this brought up a new 3D model with just my hair and nothing else. But in the background i could finally see the delete button (a bin icon) however it will still greyed out in the background because the generating gameface was infront of it and wouldnt allow me to click anything. 

Here's where it gets a bit more tricky. I pressed the 3 horizontal lines in the top right of the browser to bring up the menu, and then went on more tools > developer tools. Inside the 'elements' tab, i could hover over each part which would highlight part of the page in blue. I then did trial and error, and deleted each line untill i finally found the part to delete where it gets rid of the generating gameface and allow me to press the delete button. If you delete the whole page, just refresh and try again.

It then took me to the 'are you sure you want to delete page' or whatever it is, and again i used the same method so i could actually click on the button to delete it and finally, my old gameface was deleted. 

But the trouble sadly didnt end there. After uploading my photos, it would firstly show them sideways. For this, i just edited the photo on 'preview' on mac, by rotating till it gets to the right angle, even though it was already on this angle. But when saving the image as how it was anyway, i uploaded it again and it actually showed it the right way up.

Then on the next step, step 3, i couldnt even see my photo so i didnt know where to place the face template! And on step 4 my image would be either extremely zoomed in, or only a quarter of the image would show in the top left corner.

Luckilly, i found this link, which involved me clicking on the three horizonal lines again on chrome to bring up the menu, and zooming out to 25%, then zooming out on the slider of the gameface feature till i could see my photo properly. Heres the link - http://answers.ea.com/t5/FIFA-15/gameface/m-p/5390564#M203144

And yeah you guessed it, just as when i thought everything worked, it didnt. Upon saving my gameface, it kept saying error cannot save gameface. I got so frustrated i just kept pressing save gameface, said a little prayer and behold, it worked!

This is quite a long and frustrating process, and once again im sorry its not very clear and there isnt any screenshots, but i didnt expect to be writing this message. Hope it works for you guys,

Cheers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (4,612 Views)

All Replies

Re: Game Face automatically tries to load old game face and get's stuck

★ Apprentice

For any of you seeing this with the same problem, with your game face stuck on generating gameface, i actually found a solution myself.

After numerous conversations with EA, the bottom line is that they can't help. EA no longer offer support for gameface, which makes me ask why you still put them in games such as UFC 2. I'm guessing that will be the last of gameface though, which is a shame because its a good feature. 

But of course EA don't make any money on the gameface feature, which is all they're interested in at the end of the day, hence why i refuse to pay my own money to buy ultimate team packs on UFC and Fifa, making the whole system unjust. However at the end of the day, EA produce games of exceptional quality which is why each year we buy them, it's just a shame they don't value their loyal customers.

Anyway, onto the fix. It was a bit complicated and took a while through trial and error, but i got there in the end. I am using a mac and google chrome. Windows should be fine but you must be using chrome.

So my first problem was that i couldn't load my old gameface which i didnt actually want in the first place, i just wanted to delete it. So here i am stuck on a screen that just says "generating gameface". There was no delete or edit button in the background, if there was i still wouldnt be able to do anything it just got stuck with a blank 3d head model.

And then i spotted a little icon in the top right corner to the left of the star icon (i think). Im sorry i cant be very clear on this as it was all very rushed and i didnt take much notice because i didnt think it would work. Basically this button was telling me that the site was not secure so it couldnt load everything properly, so when i pressed it, it came up with a little pop up and i said yes thats fine and then it made it 'not secure'. So now somewhere in the HTTP bar there was red writing saying 'not secure'.

After reloading the page, this brought up a new 3D model with just my hair and nothing else. But in the background i could finally see the delete button (a bin icon) however it will still greyed out in the background because the generating gameface was infront of it and wouldnt allow me to click anything. 

Here's where it gets a bit more tricky. I pressed the 3 horizontal lines in the top right of the browser to bring up the menu, and then went on more tools > developer tools. Inside the 'elements' tab, i could hover over each part which would highlight part of the page in blue. I then did trial and error, and deleted each line untill i finally found the part to delete where it gets rid of the generating gameface and allow me to press the delete button. If you delete the whole page, just refresh and try again.

It then took me to the 'are you sure you want to delete page' or whatever it is, and again i used the same method so i could actually click on the button to delete it and finally, my old gameface was deleted. 

But the trouble sadly didnt end there. After uploading my photos, it would firstly show them sideways. For this, i just edited the photo on 'preview' on mac, by rotating till it gets to the right angle, even though it was already on this angle. But when saving the image as how it was anyway, i uploaded it again and it actually showed it the right way up.

Then on the next step, step 3, i couldnt even see my photo so i didnt know where to place the face template! And on step 4 my image would be either extremely zoomed in, or only a quarter of the image would show in the top left corner.

Luckilly, i found this link, which involved me clicking on the three horizonal lines again on chrome to bring up the menu, and zooming out to 25%, then zooming out on the slider of the gameface feature till i could see my photo properly. Heres the link - http://answers.ea.com/t5/FIFA-15/gameface/m-p/5390564#M203144

And yeah you guessed it, just as when i thought everything worked, it didnt. Upon saving my gameface, it kept saying error cannot save gameface. I got so frustrated i just kept pressing save gameface, said a little prayer and behold, it worked!

This is quite a long and frustrating process, and once again im sorry its not very clear and there isnt any screenshots, but i didnt expect to be writing this message. Hope it works for you guys,

Cheers.

Message 2 of 3 (4,613 Views)

EA Game Face bug

★★★ Newbie

When I log in to gameface https://www.easports.com/gamefaceweb/mygameface it starts generating an old one. It is stuck on "Generating game face".

https://imgur.com/nB0BJYZ

How can I create and use new game face?

Message 3 of 3 (3,249 Views)