UFC 2 Mobile - Patch Notes 1.9.0421.1

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Re: UFC 2 Mobile - Patch Notes 1.9.0421.1

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Well… what a stream to say the least

For those who missed it… here it is

1. The AI damage is intentional and will not be changing. Believe it or not, (I would still bet my life savings that this is not true)- Shay said that his AI damage was tested before coming out.

they did this damage due to the progression and how fast people are with the fighters. 

Getting 1 normal tier 4 glove a week, and 1 style tier 4 glove a month is somehow too fast of a progression for EA.

Shay could not explain the reasoning on why the AI @ 2100 overall is doing 4x more damage than a fighter at 2400 overall.. however he mentioned that breaking the AI will slow down progression.. (I would hope so, progression will be decreased by 200% when most players uninstall the game or get KO’ed against an AI in 3-4 hits).

Instead of changing the overalls of the fighters, they [Removed - CM]  just changed the % of damage being done… if you’re ever curious on the odds of winning the fight… good luck figuring it out. I’m sure EA devs would not even be able to tell you.

Although, I agree the game was too easy and just swiped right through each event, EA could have approach this much different and did a change that logical, [Removed - CM]

2. Coins are still impossible to obtain and this will not be fixed until “Phase 2”. No one knows when phase 2 is (not even EA)… hopefully we get it by Christmas. 

3. Delay in the ability’s (sliding and ultimates / showstopper)- Shay didn’t even know this issue still exists… not sure how as I experience this in almost every single fight. Shay asked for videos of this to be posted in the discord and hopes this will be fixed in “phase 2”.

4. New event is for Cinco De Mayo. This event is only 4-5 days long. There will be packs that you can pull multiple fighters from inside the 1 pack.

5. ufc 274 won’t be an event, however a login calendar reward granting you 9 fighters… ( I believe 9?). 

needless to say… good luck if you’re still playing the game. 

Message 61 of 82 (796 Views)

Champion
@TheRealToxicJolt If take away your sarcasm, a very useful message for gamers who are not native English speakers. Thx!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 62 of 82 (773 Views)

★ Apprentice

100% true, every answer on Shay was " i dont have answer on this question ". I will not waiting for phase2 years i will just quit like and many players.

GL EA with your next game this is dead.

Message 63 of 82 (712 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for writing up a breakdown for the forum community, @TheRealToxicJolt 

I have to say though, being part of EA community for a while it's disappointing when I see comments where decisions were made because of an assumption the team is lazy. I assure you these teams work exceptionally hard around the clock to make the right decisions for both the player experience and as a business. There can be technical hurdles where a "simple fix" is not actually as easy as it sounds. Other features could break which can result in a longer timeline to push an update and of course, costs. They might have a longer term vision so making updates around X feature might not be worth the commitment if things will change in the future. I am not speaking specifically for this team, but more broad on development. 

I'm curious if you have any thoughts on what the challenges for raising the OVR would be instead of increasing the AI damage? We can try to dig a little deeper in this to see if we can get an answer from the developers on this, but from my experience increasing the OVR of fighters creates a wider gap from a newer player to those that have been playing for a while. It might seem daunting for newer players to catch up or be motivated to continue playing to reach the top. I think you would have to go back to all events/campaigns and make changes to the OVR rewards to scale up as higher OVR items continue to go out. It feels like it makes more sense to increase the difficulty of the AI for everyone (since progression was made too fast anyways) so you free up resources to work on additional content instead of having to go back and make changes to other features of the game, along with additional testing to ensure everything functions properly. 

Regarding the delay in abilities and Shay not knowing all the answers, @NoLlfer, he did mention to post the questions in Discord to see if we can track down some answers for you all. The Community Managers work closely with the development team, however they won't know all the answers or be aware of all existing bugs. Posting the bugs here will help us relay it up to the team. The streams are Tuesdays, do you think a Q&A post before the weekend to relay his way will be helpful? With a smaller title like this compared to mobile games like FIFA Mobile, it's important to vocalize bugs immediately because we are going to see the rare bugs reported to us on a smaller scale due to player population. 

I want to lastly take a moment to thank you all for participating here on the forums and taking time out to write up feedback/concerns. We want this game to grow and be even more amazing - and you're a BIG PART of that process. The community team is here to help fight for you. We know some changes might be a miss, but we'll continue training like fighters do to elevate the game to the highest standards. 

Good luck in the octagon and thank you for playing UFC 2 Mobile with us. 

Blueberry.png
Message 64 of 82 (691 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

Maybe you and your team cant understand us ? I know it was easy, before this update but after the last one its unplayable and its not enjoyable.

Why is this OVERALL and fight style advantage ? When i have both of them and i become with 2900 overall rating against 1800 ( AI ) plus my fight style advantage before fight begin its show me that i need to do 800 + 120 dmg bcs my advantage and AI 600 - 125. So fight starting and what ? He doing 200 dmg with jab me - 145dmg after this fight when i have too much advantage from everything im on 60% health ( doesnt have heals and revives bcs they are so rare now ). Next fight AI have fight style advantage against me but i have more overall 2540me 2320ai, fight start and with 2 punches 460 dmg every one im on 50% health. Make it harder, interesting and buff AI but this....i cant understand why they do this ******...

This game made me mad, im not having fun now ...

That is the think that all community want BALANCE !!!

Message 65 of 82 (679 Views)

★ Apprentice
Now few people will come to the community to feed back the error. It is not that they have accepted the update, but that they have uninstalled the game.

We spend money to play games happily, not to be kicked by AI as a ball. You seem to have mistaken who is the protagonist. When there are no players, the game will no longer need to be updated.
Message 66 of 82 (666 Views)

★ Apprentice

AI's damage is four times that of players. The developer who came up with this idea is a genius. I really want him to play the game himself and feel the destructive power of AI

Message 67 of 82 (642 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

If it’s not laziness, then what is it? Not having a knowledge, or being confused?

I don’t want you to think I am attacking you or the developers.. The game is free, and is super enjoyable, I care about the game and so does the community and we want it to succeed. Some of my points may be harsh or rude but that is not my intention, I’m only trying to voice my opinion to the people that can potentially bring change .Of course there’s a limit and a line, however that line will not be crossed.

Now here it is..

In regards to the progression and how quickly players moving along.

How was this not found out in the beta? 

Why was the beta not reset?

Did you guys not think this issue where the beta players are thousands of overalls higher than the newer players would happen?

Have you guys done the math with gloves ? We get 1 Normal Tier 4 glove a week, and 1 Tier4 style glove a month. How is that too fast?

To slow down progression you guys implemented ranking up fighters cost a bunch more coins.. not sure the exact % but it easily doubled. Do you guys plan to add a coin event or increase the amount of coins after per fight (Not just 100)?

In regards to the battlepasses, you guys are changing it to 2 passes a month.. I understand it’s a business and you guys want to make revenue, and we will see how lowering it to $5 a pass and 2 per month turns out… however Why do you think people will buy tiers/ the bundle if ranking up in the battle pass is extremely easy? Shay has mentioned you guys done the math and calculated how many days you can miss and still get tier 50… how many days is that?

Do you guys plan to give out rewards after max tier ? (Level up to tier 51 and get 5K coins, tier 52 5K coins… etc..).

Now with my greatest concern, and why I feel like it’s nothing besides laziness.. the AI and it’s overall.

I can’t agree more with you guys when you mentioned that before this patch, the game was nothing more than swiping right during the fights and breezing through the hardest difficulty. I do agree the difficulty should be increased, however at a logical one with data supporting it. I also do understand you guys would basically have to create a whole new path / coding and buffing the overalls is not a 3-5 day job.. I understand that. 

However, why is the overall showing a certain # when it’s not accurate ? It’s misleading and false!

You guys mention that you want to help out new players and help them understand the game more so they can catch up. 

If you’re a new player with a 1K overall fighter fighting against a 1300 overall ( what it shows in the tier 4 lanes) wouldnt you assume the fight would be reasonably  close? Would you think the AI would have 4x damage of your fighter when he’s just 300 overall higher? This is where the “laziness” shows. Instead of changing the overalls, you guys took the fast way and changed the damage leaving the overalls the same however it’s no where near the same. Why is that? Just to slow down the progression?

As a new player / beta player or player since launch, we have no clue the true overalls in lane 4 and have no clue how to prepare or what to expect. It’s a 50:50 shot everytime I go into tier4 with my 2K+ fighters fighting up against overalls that show 1300-2000. 

We need another way to get coins / training / healing / review.

The market is atrocious. Even during the promos.

I loved the Chinese New Year market and how you added an exclusive fighter in the market during the promo for 50K promo currency.. however I have not seen this since that promo. Why did you guys stop doing 50K promo currency for an exclusive promo fighter? 

If you were to give everyone 10K free UFC points I don’t think anything would be bought in the store other than the 1500 epic currency.. you guys have to add more things / variety of options. It’s a business and you guys need revenue. Where are the store deals? 

Shay mentioned that 4 stars are it? This is the end game ? 3 months into the game, and the end game fighters are easily obtainable. I came from Madden mobile, 3 months into the game the max card was not shown or available. 9 months into the game and the max card is still not even obtainable! 

Why do you guys have no plan to add more stars? 5 star : 6 star fighters ? 

Why is the max card obtainable 2 months into the launch of the game? 

If this is truly the last tier of star fighters, are we to expect UFC 3 soon? 

Thats all I have for now, if you can please answer my questions I would appreciate it. (They’re all in bold).

Thank you!

Message 68 of 82 (636 Views)

Community Manager

The latest patch notes can be found here!

Blueberry.png
Message 69 of 82 (569 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry  your theory is lacking...new players are at a much more SEVERE disadvantage now. Most are lucky to make it through training phase with the otherworldly damage that the ai does. Then you factor in the insane amount of coins it costs to level and rank fighters....0 chance any new player can catch up with those of us that have been playing awhile before this thing they call a "patch"...it needs to be ripped off like a dirty band aid and thrown in the trash where it belongs. I know I know not gonna happen...but in the meantime you continue to lose more and more players everyday. Yourself and the other ea devs need to put themselves in a new players shoes. You download this game and can barely beat the training are you gonna continue to play? Then if you do get past training and decide to continue to play you can't play anything other than tier 1 trainings or you'll get destroyed because you can't afford to rank up your fighters why would anyone continue to play? Then let's say they still do try to continue to play...it doesn't last long because they get so frustrated with the controls not working...you wanna dodge a strike? Nope sorry get pummeled...you wanna throw an ability? Nope sorry you better keep smashing that ability button 69 times while you get pummeled and pray it finally fires the ability...you want to throw a combo? Nope sorry that's broken too. No chance you keep new players playing this "game" in the state that it is. I would love to see the revenue numbers before and after this thing they call a patch and the amount of new users downloading and actually continuing to play this game, it's almost unplayable for people like me that have been playing for awhile I couldn't even imagine how frustrating and rage inducing it would be if I were new smh

Message 70 of 82 (641 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help