There Can Be Only One Trophy DID NOT POP

by sherguson

Original Post

There Can Be Only One Trophy DID NOT POP

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

So i've been grinding away at Blitz mode for ages now trying to get a win, I've reached round 4,5,6 many a time and always fell at the final hurdle, Today I win my first blitz battle dominating my opponent and the trophy doesn't pop. To have poured everything into getting this trophy for so long I cannot believe this has happened to me. I've tried contacting support via multiple ways and the only way they say I can get someone to pop this trophy for me is by posting it on this forum here. Please help me with this, I've attached a photo of my blitz battle match history as my video files are not supported but I can provide the video files via email which show that I've won and the accolade for winning a Blitz Battle. 

[Edited by CM]

Message 1 of 12 (2,294 Views)

Re: There Can Be Only One Trophy DID NOT POP

★★★★★ Novice

Been waiting patiently for a response. No response despite responses to other queries in this UFC 4 thread. Been checking every other day if they manually popped it in game like support said they would do but still nothing. Imagine grinding for hours and hours to get a trophy for winning 6 matches in a row against such high-level opponents and then finally doing it and not getting the trophy and then getting told they'd manually pop it but still nothing and no responses either. I've been so patient and respectful while providing evidence of my accomplishment which I shouldn't even have to do and what do I get in response, nothing.

Message 2 of 12 (2,015 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, @sherguson 

Sorry for the late reply. This is odd because we haven't seen too many reports of this over the year, however based off what I've seen online it can be tough to achieve so I understand why you are trying to find a solution around this since it's not an easy achievement to get.

When it comes to achievements we are not able to grant those on our end since they are through the Sony and Microsoft systems. Bug reports can be made here so it's flagged down to the team for review. At this stage of the game I am not too optimistic this would be addressed as the team is now focused on the future of the UFC franchise. 

A player wrote a guide here where they advised creating a new fighter and winning 6 games in a row before turning the game off, otherwise the progress will reset. 

https://www.trueachievements.com/a305780/there-can-be-only-one-achievement

Our Support team has seen cases where achievements can pop up after continued play. They can be delayed based off past experiences, so that is likely why they recommended that. Some achievements might not actually pop up too. It's worth checking your achievement list to see if you actually got credit for it despite it not displaying on the screen at the given time. 

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 12 (2,000 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I appreciate the response, in regards to making sure it's there without showing up I frequently scan my trophy list and visit the game every other day and it's just never popped unfortunately, despite in game having the record and accolade for winning a blitz battle etc. With the dev team I understand they are looking forward and moving towards the next title but as someone who has every single title in the series it really feels like a kick in the teeth to not have any support unless many people experience the same issue. It would take a single developer only 2 minutes to view my account look at my fight record and accolade and manually pop the trophy from the backend. Resolving me of this issue that has ruined my experience with this game. As for the guide you mentioned that is because you have to play all the games in a row and can't turn it off as this would reset you. However as we can see by my record with the 6 wins in a row and champion logo as well as the accolade for winning the tournament I won the thing as this can only happen without turning off the game and should I have resetted a loss would have appeared. It took me hours and hours to get this trophy so to even think about attempting it again despite already having won it is off the cards for me completely because there's every chance I will plug away for hours again it will still refuse to pop again. Please advise me on what I can do next aside from a bug report again. A bug report as you mentioned is unlikely to be looked at this late into the cycle of the game especially seeing as not many others are suffering from this issue. I also submitted one a month ago and got no result back anyway. If there's nothing else you can advise me then please tell me any way I can contact a developer (not a bug report) to ask them to spare 2 minutes out of their day to help me resolve this issue which has taken hours and hours away with no reward. Maybe a twitter handle or something of a relevant developer. Thank you.

Message 4 of 12 (1,990 Views)

Community Manager

@sherguson 

Our development team is unable to address this on individual accounts as trophies and achievements are issued by PlayStation and Xbox. I understand that was not the ideal answer you were looking for and again, apologize for the disappointment of not receiving the trophy for a difficult task. We can only advise to attempt it again as all we can do on our side here on the forums is document the bug report for the team to be aware of. It is possible the trophy can be granted through another attempt in which that is all we can advise to do moving forward at this stage of the game's life cycle. 

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 12 (1,967 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That is so disappointing. You can earn trophies now and not even get them and just get told you have to do them again over and over spending hundreds of hours because they might pop by a miracle. You may be told to give the answer that it's Playstation responsible for popping the trophies but this is not the case. They verify the list and that's it. Trophies themselves are encoded into the game. They pop upon performing certain actions and developers can either fix them in an update for the mass population of the game or they can take a minute to manually pop it after verifying the action was fulfilled. It's clear EA doesn't care about me as a consumer if they don't even have an official system for checking and resolving these type of bugs for players unless it's literally thousands of players. In regards to "it being playstation" which as I mentioned is not the case, Mediatonic the company with only around 300 employees currently and MUCH less when Fall guys launched has since it's inception had a system to deal with the thousands of requests it gets rapidly. Any issues with trophies popping, they respond within about 10 minutes, check if you achieved the trophy and if it's glitched on you they manually pop it as it is a developer side thing. Same with loads of other companies but the point of using mediatonic is look at the comparison with EA with thousands of employees and certainly a lot more people working on Dev teams and there isn't even 1 guy who can resolve these issues and pop trophies when they glitch, which takes a minute or two per person. So as a guy who's been supporting EAs games and services all my life I get no support aside from "do it again" where I can go to a company like Mediatonic who I've never supported before with much more players than UFC 4 has right now and they can resolve this issue in minutes but EA with such a larger group of people can't and it's taken me months to even reach the point where I'm told this because the customer service cover it up and say you'll recieve your trophy in a few hours and if not they submit a bug report which they and you have admitted nobody even looks at. They also said post it here and a developer will manually pop the trophy for you once they see the issue but we can see how that's turned out... I have been so polite and respectful to every agent I have spoke to and even on this forum after wasting hours of my life to only get misguided now be told, we couldn't do anything this whole time and the customer service agents were misguiding you. Honestly I'm lucky my issue is only a trophy not popping because I have no belief I'd get any more useful support if it was any worse, unless of course I was a popular content creator because they get exclusive dev help and support. So so disappointed.

Message 6 of 12 (1,959 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Love that your screenshot includes the message of the salty loser. :D I always like how people like this don't seem to realise that if what they said is true, they admit to losing to a noob ...

As for your problem, I never heard of anybody having a problem with the trophy not popping. In fact, I popped it on several accounts without any issue (I helped people via shareplay). Did you maybe back out too soon?

That being said, since you can provide proof, the developers absolutely should be able to unlock it for you. I know this from other games, for example Fall Guys like you mentioned, that is known for having issues with trophies not popping, despite meeting the requirement. This is not on Sony. So you are right in that regard. I hope you get it.

Message 7 of 12 (1,936 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @sherguson please do not share attachments containing abusive language on AHQ as this is considered a breach of the rules.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 12 (1,915 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for your response, I replied to you ages ago but my original reply got deleted for some reason. Unfortunately all these months later I am still waiting for them to fix my issue as multiple EA staff continued to assure me it will be fixed. Hopefully they can fix it soon, it's been months but I guess it's taking them a while to take a look at the bug reports on the issue that describe the issue to a tee and the clear photographic evidence alongside the video I provided them. There isn't even a UFC 5 on the horizon yet and apparently the dev team is focusing on my issue according to multiple EA reps who've assured me this and obviously wouldn't lie, so I'm honestly baffled what's going on and why it's taking them so long.

Message 9 of 12 (1,273 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Infernopommes wrote:

Love that your screenshot includes the message of the salty loser. :D I always like how people like this don't seem to realise that if what they said is true, they admit to losing to a noob ...

As for your problem, I never heard of anybody having a problem with the trophy not popping. In fact, I popped it on several accounts without any issue (I helped people via shareplay). Did you maybe back out too soon?

That being said, since you can provide proof, the developers absolutely should be able to unlock it for you. I know this from other games, for example Fall Guys like you mentioned, that is known for having issues with trophies not popping, despite meeting the requirement. This is not on Sony. So you are right in that regard. I hope you get it.

Thanks for your response, I replied to you ages ago but my original reply got deleted for some reason. Unfortunately all these months later I am still waiting for them to fix my issue as multiple EA staff continued to assure me it will be fixed. Hopefully they can fix it soon, it's been months but I guess it's taking them a while to take a look at the bug reports on the issue that describe the issue to a tee and the clear photographic evidence alongside the video I provided them. There isn't even a UFC 5 on the horizon yet and apparently the dev team is focusing on my issue according to multiple EA reps who've assured me this and obviously wouldn't lie, so I'm honestly baffled what's going on and why it's taking them so long.

Message 10 of 12 (1,271 Views)