Gameface won't generate

by marleaufan100

Original Post

Re: Gameface won't generate

★★★ Novice

I just posted this as a separate topic in the General forum with the hopes it gets more traction but I felt it was relevant I share it here too

Unless there is an issue with each individual's online profile, EA Sport's Gameface does not function.

So far here are my troubleshooting steps have been extensive and lead up to the fact that this feature is currently not working at all on the EA end. 

Internet: Frontier FIOS fiber 200/200

Hardware: 

Nvidia 1070 

i7 4790K

16GB ram

I have tried different browsers: IE, Edge, Firefox, Chrome.  All of them giving the same error "There was an error uploading your photos and generating your Game Face. Please try again."

I have tried different pictures of myself AND the example pictures they displayed of that guy.  I even went so far as to copy/paste the pictures they used as examples perfectly aligning every dot/line.  I brightened my pictures etc..etc.

I created a Windows 7 Virtual Machine (64-bit professional) on completely different hardware on a completely different internet provider on the other side of town. Tried Chrome and Firefox with my pictures and example pictures from EA.  Hardware was a Dell R715 (Opeteron 6176 - 4 cores), 8G ram, onboard video utilizing hyper-v video driver) on AT&T gigabit fiber 30 miles away.

So on completely separate machines on completely different operating systems (one a brand new install of Win7), completely different browsers (Win 7 machine was brand new installs of those browsers), with completely different internet connections (AT&T Uverse fiber vs Frontier FIOS fiber), even with pictures that EA provided as an example, and I am unable to create my Gameface and still receiving "There was an error uploading your photos and generating your Game Face. Please try again."

At this point we should not be coming here to say we can't do it... or that we could do it in the past.  Currently on December 30th 2019 EA Sport's Gameface is completely broken.

Either put new troubleshooting steps that have not been previously performed, or results from your testing.  No one needs "it isn't working for me" because we know.  It is completely proven as broken.

If anyone CAN get this working, please post.  We have to know if there are ANY successes. If there continue to be no successes, then we can continue to know 100% for a fact that Gameface is broken.

Message 51 of 73 (5,745 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also forgot to include that I made sure I had regular 100% zoom on in all browsers as I tested, and I made sure to run only 1080p when testing all as people have reported changing from 4K (or 1440p) to 1080p has resolved the issue.  The VM and my physical gaming machine mentioned above were running 1080p the entire time for the sake of troubleshooting.

Message 52 of 73 (5,744 Views)

★★ Novice

Everyone’s tried chrome 

Message 53 of 73 (5,681 Views)

★ Novice

Wow, nice effort.

I've tried myself several times with different browsers and in different years and It still dosent work.

We all know EA is quite bad but for some reason we still have faith that something is going to change.

Its very weird since all of their games could possibly include game face on it and even weirder when their most profitable game like fifa have game face compatibility including fifa 20 but still it dosent work.

They could easily make a game face app where people could simply make their game faces on their devices where mobile front cameras have gotten pretty good.

Oh well..

Message 54 of 73 (5,651 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yup... still broken.

Message 55 of 73 (5,231 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Switch off ad block and it works for me

Message 56 of 73 (5,029 Views)

★★ Novice

which browser are u using? i tried chrome and firefox. nothing worked. even when i switch of any blockers. Frown

Message 57 of 73 (4,774 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I dont even get the "bin icon" up to delete anything. I change my screen resolution from 125% 1440p to 100% 1080p and then my characters head gets hair but nothing else changes. When I reload the page I briefly get the message [Save game face] in blue backround and right next to it in grey backround [Adjust images]. When I click one of those after deleting the "modal" in programming mode nothing happens.

Message 58 of 73 (4,416 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Finally got it to work. I had a old gameface from like 2010 that I managed to delete and then create a new one successfully (havent tried importing it to the game though.)

All I did was using firefox, changed my resolution from 125% 1440p to 100% 1080p according to one of the users in this thread (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-UFC-Games/gameface-error-uploading-your-photos-and-gameface/td-p/591... ). But before that I went to the link https://www.easports.com/gamefaceweb/select-gender and tried it that way. I could go all the way to step five but it either gave me an error or it went back to infinite loading screen. But then I changed my resolution as I mentioned above and it loaded my old game face so I could delete it and start a new one.

I just transferred it to the game and can confirm that it works

Message 59 of 73 (4,374 Views)

Community Manager

@Mr_K0VAC wrote:

Finally got it to work. I had a old gameface from like 2010 that I managed to delete and then create a new one successfully (havent tried importing it to the game though.)

All I did was using firefox, changed my resolution from 125% 1440p to 100% 1080p according to one of the users in this thread (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-UFC-Games/gameface-error-uploading-your-photos-and-gameface/td-p/591... ). But before that I went to the link https://www.easports.com/gamefaceweb/select-gender and tried it that way. I could go all the way to step five but it either gave me an error or it went back to infinite loading screen. But then I changed my resolution as I mentioned above and it loaded my old game face so I could delete it and start a new one.

I just transferred it to the game and can confirm that it works

@Mr_K0VAC 

Thank you very much for coming here to provide steps to others on how it worked for you, I'm sure it will help others out.

Just a heads up though!

The team is currently aware that players are unable to access the Game Face website. They are looking into it and we'll update this thread when we hear more information. Thank you for your patience!

Blueberry.png
Message 60 of 73 (4,336 Views)