by Fabbious

Original Post

Re: G.O.A.T. Mode freezing

★ Novice

same issue.

Message 31 of 67 (2,249 Views)

★ Novice
Having the same problem on PS4. None of the troubleshooting tips work. Sure you can make a new character and cross your fingers that it doesn’t happen again. Just takes the fun out of spending time creating your character because you could be potentially wasting your time. I’m returning my game in disappointment.
Message 32 of 67 (2,214 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same issue bought the game today 5 fights in G.O A.T mode it freezes trided restarting xbox and nothing
Message 33 of 67 (2,203 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem, I've actually completed one career with one fighter. Not a single issue. created a new one as I wished to re-play it, can't pass the first fight due to this simulation bug! Come on, EA!

Message 34 of 67 (2,170 Views)

GOAT MODE FREEZING

★★★★★ Newbie

freezing at the point of simulating recovery...

Message 35 of 67 (2,101 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
Same issue here. What a joke
Message 36 of 67 (2,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I called support at EA and don't even bother.  The guy on the phone with a heavy accent was INSISTENT that it wasn't a game bug.  It was my problem.  My console.  He made me reset my entire PS4 and then told me it's a network issue so  wait 3 minutes and reset my router and it WILL work.  Then he hung up so he can quickly get ouf of the situation.  I asked him how can a single player mode have anything to do with network?  He couldn't give me a straight answer.  One of the most frustrating support instances of my life.  They truly have no idea what is going on and are too big of a company to actually care.  I feel burned again by an EA game Frown  Just seeing an acknowledgement that it's their bug would go a long way.  

*EDIT*  Then he sends me an email with the most generic nonsense I have ever seen.  This is literally "Here are instructions for any game X for console Y".  

SYSTEM UPDATE

1. In the main menu XMB, using the controller scroll right to the Settings. 
2. Scroll down to System Software Update icon and select it with X button.
3. If there is an update available, choose the option Update Using Internet and select it with X button.

RESTORE LICENSES

2. Select the option for PlayStation™Network/Account Management.
3. Choose Restore Licenses.??
4. Select Restore.
5. Restart your console

DELETING SAVE DATA FILES

1. From the main menu of your PS4 profile, navigate to Settings
2. Scroll down to either “Applications Save Data Management” or “System Storage Management”
3. Select “Save Data in System Storage”
4. Select “Delete”
5. Select either the game in question (for example: NHL 16) or you may have to select “Other” 
6. Delete the game (ex: NHL 16), Profile Save Data

DELETE AND REDOWNLOAD ADD-ONs/DLC
*Follow these steps if you need to delete and re-download Add-ons/DLC on a PlayStation 4 in order to troubleshoot a licensing issue.

1. To delete the DLC, advise the player to go to the PlayStation Menu Bar and select the following:
2. Select Notifications
3. Select Downloads 
4. Select the Product that the player is encountering the issue with.
5. Press the Options button on the Joypad and select Delete.

1. To re-download the DLC, advise the player to go to the PlayStation Menu Bar and select the following:
2. Select Library
3. Select Product
4. Select My Add-ons..
5. Select the Product that you wish to download.
6. Press the Options button on the Joypad and select Download.
7. The Add-on/DLC will now re-download.

DELETING PSN ACCOUNT

2. Scroll down to Users icon.
3. Select the action Delete User. Follow the screens.
4. Confirm the action to complete the user deletion process.

STARTING PS4 ON SAFE MODE (REBUILDING DATABASE)

1. Press and hold the Power Switch for approx.. 10 seconds. The console should chime a notification sound to inform the player it is starting in Safe Mode.
2. When the PlayStation 4 make the notification sound, de-press the Power switch.
3. The PlayStation will now begin in Safe Mode.
4. Select 5th option - Rebuild Database
Note: This action scans the drive and creates a new database of all content and may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.

TEST NETWORK CONNECTION

2. Scroll down to Network icon.
3. Scroll down to Test Internet Connection
4. The PlayStation 4 will now test basic network information

Message 37 of 67 (2,104 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still no answer or bug acknowledgement from EA?  Also, can I ask why this topic has an "approved EA solution" logo on it when the majority of the thread consists of people who are still having the issue?

Message 38 of 67 (2,062 Views)

★ Novice
Seriously, EA. Acknowledge the bug. I keep checking this forum to see if the problem persists and it’s clearly getting worse.
Message 39 of 67 (2,053 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same problem but for PS4
Message 40 of 67 (2,035 Views)