UFC 2 Game Session No Longer Available in Online Rivalries

by HimanshuVO

Original Post

UFC 2 Game Session No Longer Available in Online Rivalries

★ Novice

Hi,

I have been facing this error from past 3 months now. I am able to play Ranked Divisions with random people, but when I try to connect with my friends, it says " Game session no longer available " and my friends are also facing the same issue.

I have tried all the solutions available here, like regular troubleshooting, port forwarding etc. but everything in vain.

What is the solution for this? Is anyone else also facing the same problem?

EA - Please fix this issue

Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (2,187 Views)

Re: UFC 2 Game Session No Longer Available in Online Rivalries

Community Manager

@HimanshuVO

First, double check that you have an active XBL Gold or PS Plus subscription, maybe it has expired?

If you are good to go there, then opening the ports detailed at the following link is advised:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/ufc/ufc-2/online-ports-to-improve-your-ea-sports-ufc-2-connection/

Let us know how you get on, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (2,157 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but like mentioned above, I have forwarded the ports.

Also my PS Plus subscription is active.

I am able to play with random opponents on Ranked Divisions, but when me and my friends connect, it says " Game Session No Longer Available " everytime

Message 3 of 6 (2,147 Views)

Community Manager

@HimanshuVO

Both you and your friends need to have your NAT Type not set to strict, this is determined by your router configuration and what ports you have opened/forwarded.

In addition to the ports specified in my previous post, you and your friends should make sure that those ports and also the ports at the following link are all forwarded.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

barry.png
Message 4 of 6 (2,141 Views)

★ Novice

OK, we are playing on PS4 and both have NAT Type 2 set.

The above mentioned additional ports are for Xbox.

Message 5 of 6 (2,136 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @HimanshuVO

NAT Type 2 should be okay. It's likely a router configuration from either your friend or your friend's end that needs some slight adjustments.

• Make sure you both perform a power cycle with the console. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice). Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game. 
  • Reboot the modem/router by unplugging it for several minutes.
  • Ensure UPnP is enabled on your router's admin settings.
  • Ensure you both are on the same internet protocol listed under your router's admin settings. It will either be IPv4 or IPv6. 
  • If you or your friend are on a WiFi connection, try matchmaking while your PS4 is hooked up with an Ethernet cable to see if that gets around this.

Keep us updated and good luck! 

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 6 (2,088 Views)