Hitting buttons not working

by ipaustin1234

Original Post

Re: Hitting buttons not working

EA DICE Team

@Brakus1989

Hi,

That is actually very helpful information. Thanks a lot for posting this!

Message 21 of 40 (3,638 Views)

★★ Novice
It's no problem I just hope the other people having trouble find these post and it works for them to beacause I also tried everything to fix this and was very frustrating
Message 22 of 40 (3,631 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Brakus1989

I marked your post as a solution so it will be easier to find for players that are using a search engine Standard smile

Message 23 of 40 (3,626 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You just bought a new controller?
Message 24 of 40 (3,591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Yeah...the new type tho, with the 3.5mm jack on the bottom left
I think its something to do with the Devs coding it into the game, that only certain pads work
Message 25 of 40 (3,571 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue and I have an elite controller. I just ordered a new non-elite controller so I guess I'll see if that works. What sucks is that I really shouldn't have to buy new hardware to fix a game that worked just fine when I bought it. :/

Message 26 of 40 (3,557 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Radiogirl1 @Brakus1989

Could both of you confirm the exact controller (name and platform) that didn't work, and the ones that did work?

Message 27 of 40 (3,516 Views)

★★ Novice

I recently bought an XBox Elite and the Elite controller that  came with it worked at first when I bought the game but then suddenly stopped working for no reason I could detect. The controller works fine with all my other games and always has. A few weeks later, I accidentally discovered that pressing the right thumbstick resets the buttons but only temporarily. You have to keep pushing it periodically to keep the buttons working, and if you push it at the wrong time it can actually prevent the buttons from working. Needless to say, when the punches and kicks are flying this can prove to be a quick ticket to a loss.

Interestingly, I ordered a regular non-elite controller which arrived today. When I used it to play earlier it worked perfectly, just as intended. Given the evidence, I suspect some kind of software update bug in either the controller or the game itself, but I have no idea which.

Thanks for looking into this.

Message 28 of 40 (3,509 Views)

EA DICE Team

Thank you, @Radiogirl1 - very detailed response. I am currently still looking for some further player examples and then I will be able to pass this on for investigation.

Message 29 of 40 (3,500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I just bought the game, i have the day 1 controllers. but i really dont want to waste 60$ on a new cotroller just to play a game. Can u please fix this problem fast!

Message 30 of 40 (3,186 Views)