Re: Game crashes on Xbox One when advancing to fight in a career mode - WTF?

by nuttloose

Original Post

Game crashes on Xbox One when advancing to fight in a career mode - WTF?

★★★ Newbie

Guys, anyone knows W.T.H. is this about?

I have done about 5-6 fight nights yet and now when I'm proceeding to the next opponent, suddenly there is no option to view fight offers, view an opponent or even to advance to fight after the training. The game simply crashes and I return to the Xbox home menu, which is kind of like it happens on PCs.

I hope there is a solution to it, as I have never seen anything like this on any console before. This kind of destroys the whole point of owning one.

Message 1 of 5 (2,943 Views)

Community Manager

@reisin_group

It is possible you have a corrupt save file. Try to use a previous save or start a new career. If your current career save is corrupt we will not be able to recover it.

barry.png
Message 2 of 5 (2,918 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ridiculous! How will I know it will not corrupt again? Such a waste of time and money. 

Message 3 of 5 (2,484 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@nuttloose Agreed, same thing happening to me, I just wanted to have fun playing through career mode but now apparently all my progress is lost. Waste.
Message 4 of 5 (1,435 Views)

Community Manager

@Edwardocorruchio 

I'm going to close this discussion down since it was from 2017. I'm sorry to hear what happened. From my experience it could be due to sudden loss of power or the console shutting down during a save. Corrupted saves CAN happen at random, but it's quite rare on the grand scale of total saves taking place for everyone playing. I urge you to power cycle the console to clear the cache for it and if you are playing the game on an external hard drive, I personally recommend going to the internal drive on the Xbox for this title as I've seen more performance issues than not when players are using external drives. It's important to make sure the save files are also going to the same drive the game is installed on. Sometimes people have the game on one drive while the saves on another drive.

If you need assistance, please create a new thread. You posted under the Other UFC Games forum. If you are playing UFC 4 this is the forum link to that title: https://answers.ea.com/t5/UFC-4/ct-p/ufc-4-en

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 5 (1,422 Views)