Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[INFO] SWTOR Security Key Issues

by proxos666

Original Post

Highlighted

[INFO] SWTOR Security Key Issues

[ Edited ]

There is this Help Center articles specifically for the security key. (for attaching and removing the key ).

On June 2015 SWTOR upgraded their back-end server software to support their new RFC 6238 TOTP authenticator mobile applications. As a result, any Security Key application prior to June 2015 can no longer be attached. The following can now be used instead, the SWTOR application doesn't need to be specifically used anymore.

TIP 1 - The serial that the swtor website provides to enter into the app , save that serial it can be used to setup the app again if you lose/break your phone.

TIP 2 - You can setup more then one app. eg. you can setup the swtor app on your phone and have winauth on your PC for backup using the same serial.

Lost Key Link from directions here is seen below if you login without a security key to allow removal

key.JPG

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder Use My Referral Link Here, more details here
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 1 of 1 (11,954 Views)
promo

Connection Troubleshooting

Issues with connecting to the game or the launcher? Getting lag spikes, high latency, or disconnections?

Check troubleshooting!

Maintaining Account Security

Keeping your account security up to date is very important if you want to keep your characters, items, and personal information safe!

View More
promo

Attach & Remove Security Key

Lost your Security Key? Got a new phone and need to set up a new Security Key? Check out this guide for detailed instructions!

View More