by EA_Kipling

Original Post

[GUIDE] Email Validation and One Time Passwords

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Email Validation

I have a Free2Play account with no email address associated and:

The validation email isn't arriving.

• Add no-reply@bioware.swtor.com to your safe-senders list.
  • Try entering a different email address. If you're using Gmail, you can use either googlemail.com or gmail.com as the same address, or you can add/remove dots: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7436150?hl=en

I'm getting an "Invalid URL" error when I click on the verification link.

• Wait 10 minutes and try the same verification link again.
  • Delete all previous SWTOR email verification messages, send a new one and wait 10 minutes before clicking on the verification link.

I have a existing F2P/Preferred/Premium account with an email address and:

I'm unable to log on to characters above Level 20.

• If you're trying to send a validation email to the address that's already on your account, the system will not send it. You can temporarily use a different email address, validate it, and then change back to your original one.
  • Log on to the Basic Information page using the same Display Name you use on the Launcher, check the existing email address, and use a different one. If you're using Gmail, you can use either googlemail.com or gmail.com as the same address, or you can add/remove dots: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7436150?hl=en

I'm getting an "Invalid URL" error when I click on the verification link.

• Wait 10 minutes and try the same verification link again.
  • Delete all previous SWTOR email verification messages, send a new one and wait 10 minutes before clicking on the verification link.

One Time Passwords

The OTP emails are not arriving.

• Delete all previous OTP emails from SWTOR, then request a new one.
  • If there is still no sign of any OTP emails, you will need to call our Account & Billing team who will be able to get you logged in.

The OTP I received is incorrect.

• Delete all previous OTP emails from SWTOR, then request a new one. Make sure you're entering the OTP within 15 minutes of it being requested.
  • If the OTP emails are taking longer than 15 minutes to arrive, you will need to call our Account & Billing team who will be able to get you logged in.

The OTP emails are being sent to the wrong email address.

• Try to recover access to the email address if at all possible. Most email providers are helpful when it comes to recovering access to an old email address.
  • If you're unable to recover the email address, or if it doesn't exist anymore (ISP or EDU email accounts), you will need to call our Account & Billing team who will be able to help you.

Message 1 of 1 (20,663 Views)