"Out of thread ids. Decrease the number of threads or increase Max_Threads_Supported."

by n31l1729

Original Post

"Out of thread ids. Decrease the number of threads or increase Max_Threads_Supported."

★★ Novice

I had an issue with Titanfall crashing after playing just 1 match and upon loading the next, I fixed that by disabling hyper-threading. Everything was working properly for a day but after the update yesterday I'm now getting "Out of thread ids. Decrease the number of threads or increase Max_Threads_Supported."

I've looked for a config file to increase the "Max_Threads_Supported" but can't find anything in install directory - I'm reluctant to remove a CPU just to play this game.

Windows 8.1, HP Z820, 2x 2697 v2's & SLI K6000's.

Anybody have an idea where the config file for the source engine might be kept? or worked around this issue without removing a CPU?

Message 1 of 3 (2,081 Views)

Re: "Out of thread ids. Decrease the number of threads or increase Max_Threads_Supported."

★★ Novice

I was hoping it wasn't dual proc related lol... 

I am going to try SMP seesaw pro and affinity lock it to the first 16 threads and see if the problem goes away. 

I had to use it to get tomb raider to even launch.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/see_saw_pro.html

Message 2 of 3 (1,971 Views)

Re: "Out of thread ids. Decrease the number of threads or increase Max_Thre

★★★ Newbie

Hi Guys

In Origin if you go to Games Library select the game then Settings go to game properties then select advanced launch options and type -threads 2 and save then launch the game it will be fine.

Message 3 of 3 (1,027 Views)