Re: intermediate frame drops every 15-20 seconds

by Tusken_Pilot

Original Post

intermediate frame drops every 15-20 seconds

★ Novice

This was never an issue until i turned titanfall back on a few months after leaving it, I have tried enable vsync in game and disabling in nvidia control, no dice.

It freezes and drops significantly every 15-20 seconds, running full screen lower setting doesn't seem to help, it even frame drops in the menu rendering.

670 gtx 8 gigs ram i-7 ssd

someone help

Message 1 of 9 (1,285 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Could you please try to repair the game via the Origin client ("my games" -> rightclick on Titanfall -> repair install), re-install your Direct X and tell us which version of your Nvidia card driver you are using?

Go to your custom settings of your video-card software. Disable all extra options for enhanced graphics and set the preferences for AA and anisotropic to “use application settings”.
Set the Titanfall graphic options to “low quality” or reduce AA and anisotropic filtering to a minimum.
Launch the game, if the issue is solved, you can try to set the graphic options higher.

Please keep us updated.

Basti

Message 2 of 9 (1,267 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

already repaired game, and direct x is up to date.

using nvidia 344.60

have set all seting to low, this frame spike happens even during the main menu, when i assume nothing is being rendered.

also have tried enabling vsync in game and disabling nvidia vsync, putting in raw mouse input.

nothing working so far.

Message 3 of 9 (1,256 Views)

★ Novice

I started having this problem the othery day. I have the 770 Pretty much the ame as the 680. makes the game unplayable when it goes from solid 60fps then  it freezes for .5 to 1 second at a time. Usually I'm dead before it unfreezes.

Message 4 of 9 (1,251 Views)

★ Novice

Hey, I found a fix for Nvidia users, worked for me anyway. Go into Nvidia control panel and go to manage 3d and set pre-rendered frames to 1.  No more freezing.

Message 5 of 9 (1,244 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same problem and none of the alledged "solutions" work.

Game is clearly broken.

Message 6 of 9 (1,242 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok, so apparently the problem goes away if you close FRAPS, or avoid using Steam Overlay or anything like that.

Which is still a major annoyance.

Message 7 of 9 (1,239 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Tusken_Pilot Wait does it?
Message 8 of 9 (1,141 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Titanfall 1 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 9 of 9 (928 Views)