Re: What are you going to do about all the HACKERS

by Robot_Kronos

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What are you going to do about all the HACKERS

★★ Novice

Are you lot going to sort the hacks out? or are you just going to go the same way as COD?

Message 1 of 10 (1,935 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @lazernz

We're always looking into players that might be cheating within the game, it's certainly not something we want to see in our games.

If you do notice any players cheating please remember to report them to us.

- Andy -

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (2,288 Views)

All Replies

Hi @lazernz

We're always looking into players that might be cheating within the game, it's certainly not something we want to see in our games.

- Andy -

Message 2 of 10 (2,289 Views)

★★ Novice

I do as I can, had these games since they first started, play for fun not to be great at them, have seen the hacks get worse and worse, just kills the fun for myself, there has to be a way to nail the hackers, hoipe a way gets found.

Cheers.

Mike.

Message 3 of 10 (1,912 Views)

@lazernz - I know how you feel, none of us want to play against hacks or cheaters.

Keep on reporting what you can so we can investigate - I know it doesn't always feel like it's helping but it really does.

- Andy -

Message 4 of 10 (1,903 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The problem with hacks is sometimes you only have very strong suspicion, not proof.  Playing "clean" (although there are burn cards that change this) pilots are very difficult to spot from a Titan and should be nearly impossible when cloaked.  Nevertheless I've been repeatedly hit when cloaked at long range by Titans and pilots who shouldn't have been able to see me.  It's depressing because when I'm in a Titan enemy pilots are very difficult to spot.  I've seen the hack that highlights all players on YouTube and it gives a massive advantage.

Titanfall 2 is not exactly great news for the community because Titanfall is barely two years old so most players will have owned the game for effectively quite a short time prior to it being practically abandoned. 

As a concept it's great and if you can find a clean game (if, brother, if) it's good fun to play.  But the campaign had too few maps and the game definitely missed not having a single person campaign game and a single person arena mode.  Add to this major problems with lagging (which happened very rarely for me in TF2) and apparently a lot of players cheating without being sanctioned and you can see why it never developed the fan base that it should have done.

S.x.

Message 5 of 10 (1,875 Views)

★ Apprentice

Cloaked players can be very easy to spot if they move between backgrounds and dont stay still. This and of course when you shoot.

Message 6 of 10 (1,850 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Andy,

The problem at least on PC is that Origin isn't trackable. I mean that the cheater can change his nickname so you won't find him after the match. Valve's Steam at least let the players know everybody's ID's (it's not the username), so you can track them later.

Check this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhUFOJEVfPM) where WarsHeven is clearly using aimbot / wallhack cheat. Although I reported him during the game, I was unable to send the video link after uploading it to YouTube. He has already changed his nickname.

There is no shame to copy a good feature from Steam. Hope you make something similar. Otherwise people will leave servers empty.

Best

@EA_Andy wrote:

Hi @lazernz

- Andy -

Message 7 of 10 (1,822 Views)

Speed hackers

★★ Novice

I have personally filled out several tickets asking for help concerning the blatant use of speed hacks that have become an ever increasing problem.  As of late it is impossible to log into a game and not have someone join who is running these hacks join within 30 minutes if they are not already in game.  Numerous online friends have also filled out tickets, all of which seem to go ignored.  I have called customer service and spoken with a real person, who also seemed to have brushed of the concern of these speed hacks.  I would like to know what is being done about this and when we can have closure to this problem?  If you are not going to do anything about the hacks at all can we expect to see some sort of refund for the game since your team is ignoring the problems?  This customer service is unacceptable and if you choose not to handle problems I suggest everyone use other game clients that are growing in popularity. 

Message 8 of 10 (1,711 Views)

Re: Speed hackers

★★ Novice

I see someone from EA has buried this post into a 2016 thread saying if we report you guys will look into it as a solution.  I am curious how I can contact someone higher up the food chain.  Please provide the community with the contact information of a director level employee of EA please so we can get some sort of resolution to these problems.  This idea of customer service is beyond unsatisfactory.

Message 9 of 10 (1,652 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Look this has been going on since 2016!!! and still nothing been done and i just started,I would be reporting people constantly its not just one person.Has any moderators just go n play the game to see whats going on? I dont mind being killed every second its part of the game but it would be nice to have some of the abilitys they have.I think someone should look into incorporating some of these new ideas into the game.There is still alot of people myself included who like this game i know its old but its new to me.Someone should look into adding sum updates and charge a little for them and make a few bucks people still want to play and have fun.

Message 10 of 10 (1,012 Views)