Re: Titanfalls Data center: searching

by ALPHARAGE42

Original Post

★★★ Novice

glad i could start this.  just started playing online today.  i dont care if i fill my friends list with titanfall people so the world can play.  i have to go to a meeting at work for the next few hours but ill be back to accept all requests at 4pm est

Message 61 of 119 (1,710 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Well I just joined someone on my recently played list and the game glitched out says sync error so kept trying to join others and kept doing the same so even that path is being shut down now. If I didn't know better I would say that they just want to aim all recourses at xbox 1 and dwindle out 360 users. I say this as EA haven't put any notice out about the problems there having and that seems odd but hey it could be that there trying different things to fix and thats the reason. Lets hope its fixed soon. I recon I will give it another week of trying to get EA to answer my questions then I will ask the local press to ask them whats going on and why people aren't being informed of whats happening and why people are having problems especially thoses who only just got the game. They must be gutted
Message 62 of 119 (1,703 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Andy wrote:

Hey all,

We did put some changes in place to try and resolve this but it looks as though potentially some of you are still having the issue.

Could you confirm if you've been able to connect at all over the last couple of days?

Thanks,

- Andy -

So I wonder what happened to Andy? He seemed to have some authority, or at least in the loop as to what is going on. At any rate, the heat is not working at my workplace, so I will be heading home soon. Going to try the join match method and see where that gets me. Feel free to look me up on Xbox 360. Gamertag: timmoseus.

Message 63 of 119 (1,691 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Region: North East Pennsylvania

xbox 360

Downloaded the game 1/15 and have not been able to play because of searching for data center with nothing on the list....and the same is still happening. Best $20 I ever spent...

Message 64 of 119 (1,681 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Anybody else getting the "optimizing hd content for dlc" notice every time they turn on their Xbox 360 and load up Titanfall? Seems like it is taking a long time, and that it should be permanently saving these "optimizations" once it is done. I wonder if that is a side effect of the data center issue we all seem to be having.

Message 65 of 119 (1,673 Views)

★★★ Novice
Happened with me only The first time i start The game, at this morning. Can it be causing all that trouble?
Message 66 of 119 (1,669 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@JPablo9675 wrote:
Happened with me only The first time i start The game, at this morning. Can it be causing all that trouble?

I would not think that it would be causing the trouble, more like a symptom of what ever the problem really is. And it seems to keep the optimizations so long as I do not power off the Xbox 360. I wonder if there is a corrupt file in the optimizations that is sending a false report back to the servers that is causing the data center to not respond to connection requests? I do not know how they have it setup, but from my networking experience, it at least sounds plausible. Also plausible, since there are issues making the connection, the "optimizations" could flagged as outdated when a check is done against the server, thus causing them to download again. That in and of itself could cause corruption furthering the problem. And as inconvenient as it is for you or me, to the server that has to deal with it for hundreds to thousands of players, it could become catastrophic.

Message 67 of 119 (1,660 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If anyone needs an invite, let me know. I got in by joining someone who joined someone, who probably joined someone else. The number of online players is way down though. And I will only be on for another hour or two, tonight anyways. Look me up if you need an invite. Timmoseus.

Message 68 of 119 (1,657 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@timmoseus wrote:

Anybody else getting the "optimizing hd content for dlc" notice every time they turn on their Xbox 360 and load up Titanfall? Seems like it is taking a long time, and that it should be permanently saving these "optimizations" once it is done. I wonder if that is a side effect of the data center issue we all seem to be having.

No I get the same thing every time I use another app or game on xbox 360 and then try and play Titanfall.  I guess because we are using the HD version of Titanfall. This has happened to me for the last year, so not related to the current problems of data centers searching.

Message 69 of 119 (1,651 Views)

★★★ Novice
So all we can do is wait EA do something about that "Serverfall" we've been playing. Have anyone tried to re-install all DLCs and updates? Just to try to play it without The DLCs packs.
Message 70 of 119 (1,639 Views)