Titanfall will not pre-load

by hesoyamx31

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall will not pre-load

★★ Novice

I am attempting to pre-load Titanfall, however an error message pops up stating "OPERATING SYSTEM NOT SUPPORTED " "Titanfall will not run on your current Operating System, you need to download windows Vista 6.0 or newer to play. Below is my DXDIAG specs. Is there a reason this game wont pre-load?

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 3/8/2014, 18:31:55
       Machine name: KENNYSTERNER-PC
   Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.130707-1535)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
       System Model: KX745AV-ABA m9600t
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/24/09 15:11:50 Ver: 5.07
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         920  @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
             Memory: 8182MB RAM
          Page File: 2536MB used, 13875MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

When I type WINVER in my start menu it clearly states this as well

"Windows Vista Home Premium", "Version 6.0 (Build 6002: Service Pack 2)".

Please help, I really want to play this game as soon as it comes out and am frustrated as to why it is not pre - loading.

Message 1 of 4 (1,073 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Titanfall will not pre-load

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi dabombkman,

There are a couple of reasons I can think of that might cause you to see this. First, it's possible that Origin is running in a Windows Compatibility mode and can't accurately detect your OS. Second, it's possible that you're not running a 64-bit version of Windows (I can't tell from your DXDIAG). Please try the following:

1) Make sure you are not running Origin in compatibility mode for an older version of Windows by following these steps:

- Exit Origin.

- Go to your Origin install location (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin )

- Right-click Origin.exe and select Properties.

- Click on the 'Compatibility' tab.

- Check if any of the boxes are selected, especially "Compatibility mode" section, and disable them.

-Apply the changes, and restart Origin.

- Retry your download.

2) Make sure you are running a 64-bit version of Windows by following these steps:

- Click the Start button, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.

- If "64-bit Operating System" is listed next to System type, you’re running the 64-bit version of Windows Vista, and this is not the issue.

- If "32-bit Operating System" is listed next to System type, you’re running the 32-bit version of Windows Vista, and you will need to upgrade to a 64-bit version of Windows.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,080 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi dabombkman,

There are a couple of reasons I can think of that might cause you to see this. First, it's possible that Origin is running in a Windows Compatibility mode and can't accurately detect your OS. Second, it's possible that you're not running a 64-bit version of Windows (I can't tell from your DXDIAG). Please try the following:

1) Make sure you are not running Origin in compatibility mode for an older version of Windows by following these steps:

- Exit Origin.

- Go to your Origin install location (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin )

- Right-click Origin.exe and select Properties.

- Click on the 'Compatibility' tab.

- Check if any of the boxes are selected, especially "Compatibility mode" section, and disable them.

-Apply the changes, and restart Origin.

- Retry your download.

2) Make sure you are running a 64-bit version of Windows by following these steps:

- Click the Start button, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.

- If "64-bit Operating System" is listed next to System type, you’re running the 64-bit version of Windows Vista, and this is not the issue.

- If "32-bit Operating System" is listed next to System type, you’re running the 32-bit version of Windows Vista, and you will need to upgrade to a 64-bit version of Windows.

Message 2 of 4 (1,081 Views)

★★ Novice

Minimum Specs. Say 64-bit Windows 7, 8, 8.1

Message 3 of 4 (1,061 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much! Your first point succesfully worked and it is pre-loading. Again, I cannot thank you enough, this has definetly raised EA's standing in my eyes.

Message 4 of 4 (1,026 Views)